PDF Converter for Mac

PDF Converter for Mac
    Hi there

I hope this is the right place to ask this since I was severely chewed out for posting in the wrong spot before.................!

I recently switched completely to Mac and now I have to figure out how to convert a PDF doc to a Mac please.

Thanks
    Francina

PDF Converter for Mac
    Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    What do you need this PDF to do? I'm confused as to your needs, which is really why I'm asking that. If you just need to view it, PDF's are PDF's regardless of OS and Preview will view it. If you need to edit it, that's a whole different kettle of fish.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

PDF Converter for Mac
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    What is "PDF doc to a Mac" entail anyway? As stated, you can view PDFs fine in Mac..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

PDF Converter for Mac

PDF Converter for Mac
    Hi there

I'm sorry, I guess I should have given more details. I know I can view it on the Mac but that's not what I want to do.

The PDF was forwarded to me and I need to copy and paste it into a system to have it rewritten for marketing purposes.

Thanks
    Francina

PDF Converter for Mac
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Which goes to what @Dysfunction was mentioning, you wish to edit the PDF. Adobe Pro is your best bet to edit it, if not, have the person who sent you the PDF send you the file in a different format that you can more easily edit..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

PDF Converter for Mac
    Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    Which goes to what @Dysfunction was mentioning, you wish to edit the PDF. Adobe Pro is your best bet to edit it, if not, have the person who sent you the PDF send you the file in a different format that you can more easily edit..
    This is true of all operating systems by the way. Personally, depending on the amount of modification needed I'd pop open Illustrator and use that.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

PDF Converter for Mac
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Um, actually no.

If you need to just copy the text of a PDF, you can do that in Preview. I do it all the time. Just copy and paste into a word processor.

If you need to do more elaborate editing of a PDF -- like say add a graphic signature or fill out a form -- I'd frankly recommend PDF Pen (Pro version available too) before I'd suggest going with Adobe "full of security holes" Acrobat Pro.

PDF Converter for Mac
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Just to be clear, PDF is an inherently non-editable format. And that goes for any platform, including Windows. You can make very simple "retouches" with Acrobat Pro, but it is not like working with Word, where you can shift around columns or make more extensive edits.

According to Adobe's own documentation in Acrobat Pro, if you need to do extensive edits, convert the file into an editable format (like a Word document). They also recommend keeping a "master" of the document in its source format.

So, while I second chas_m's recommendation of PDFPen (which is actually quite capable, given its price relative to Acrobat), I just want you to understand your limitations before you spend your money.

A lot of my users request Acrobat Pro licenses, but are then confused by the fact that they can't do what they want once they get it (and it ends up being a costly mistake for IT).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

PDF Converter for Mac
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellea View Post
    Hey there , I don't think PDF is an inherently non-editable format. I just know a software that can edit PDF , so hope you know this .
    There is software that can annotate PDFs. But Adobe recommends converting the document into an editable format for more extensive modifications.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

PDF Converter for Mac
    Specs:
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.9.5. iPhone 3GS.
    I just know a software that can edit PDF , so hope you know this .
    So, are you going to tell us what it is, or keep it to yourself?

Thread Information