New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

buffering problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zbigone

zbigone is on a distinguished road

cannot view online videos successfully
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

What are the specs of your Mac?
What websites are you on when viewing these videos?
What exactly is happening when you try to view the videos?
What have you done so far to try and remedy the situation?

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
zbigone

problem viewing online videos
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Merged threads as they are the same.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
zbigone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
What are the specs of your Mac?
What websites are you on when viewing these videos?
What exactly is happening when you try to view the videos?
What have you done so far to try and remedy the situation?
It does the same with all websites, you tube etc.
The video starts for 2 or 3 seconds and the buffering starts, video starts for a few seconds and then the buffering.

I have reinstalled Flash, which did not help.

imac 7.1 intel core 2 dup 2.8 GHz 2 cire L2 cache 4 mb mem 2 gb speed 800 MGh smc 1.21f4
QUOTE Thanks
zbigone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbigone View Post
it does the same with all websites, you tube etc.
The video starts for 2 or 3 seconds and the buffering starts, video starts for a few seconds and then the buffering.

I have reinstalled flash, which did not help.

Imac 7.1 intel core 2 dup 2.8 ghz 2 cire l2 cache 4 mb mem 2 gb speed 800 mgh smc 1.21f4
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbigone View Post
It does the same with all websites, you tube etc.

I have reinstalled Flash, which did not help.

imac 7.1 intel core 2 dup 2.8 GHz 2 cire L2 cache 4 mb mem 2 gb speed 800 MGh smc 1.21f4
Is this something new it just started doing? If so, what has changed recently?

It could be you've recently installed an app or utility that is interfering somehow with videos.

It could be your internet connection is weak or your ISP is throttling you for various reasons - bandwidth caps, etc.

It could be you need more RAM and/or hard drive space if this is happening while you have other apps open and running.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
raymay

raymay is on a distinguished road

I have a stock mac just out of the box and I installed Flash.
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B0A
SMC Version (system): 1.71f22

I get about 15 seconds of video w/sound on Youtube and then it stops and does not continue to load. I get about a minute or two of music on Pandora before it starts buffering and intermittantly continuing.

I have several other windows machines and media streamers on the network that all work fine so I do not feel it is a bandwidth issue. Netflix streams seamlessly with Silverlight on the Mac that is having the issue.

I do not have any other add-on or utilities loaded into Safari. It is stock except Flash.

Suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Outlook PST file nightmare | Getting my 1st 2008 mbp tomorrow non unibody »