Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    i will address your issues concerning Crossover/WINE porting for your games.

First off, Crossovers Dev team has a list of supported games. I believe Half Life is on there.

I would check against their list on the website to make sure your games are compatible. You can still install unsupported applications, but beware it will involve alot of tinkering, require a lot of patience and may not work exactly as you'd hoped (bugs, graphical glitches) or may just refuse to work at all.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Quote Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
    First off, Crossovers Dev team has a list of supported games. I believe Half Life is on there.
    Half Life 2 is actually Mac-native via Steam. If you have the Windows version, you are entitled to the Mac version at no extra charge.

I would check against their list on the website to make sure your games are compatible. You can still install unsupported applications, but beware it will involve alot of tinkering, require a lot of patience and may not work exactly as you'd hoped (bugs, graphical glitches) or may just refuse to work at all.
    Agreed 100%. I use Crossover sometimes, and when it works, it's the best way to go, hands down. It just doesn't work as much as I wish.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information