New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Switched at last, collect tomorrow.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Atari Boy

Atari Boy is on a distinguished road

After months of sitting on the fence today I finally bought a mac.
Its a 15" MacBook Pro 2.0 Ghz with 500gig, I also ordered a 2TB time capsule. I use Office so stumped up for that too in Business trim.

Should pick it up tomorrow, I hope we get on okay.
QUOTE Thanks
Young Spade

Young Spade is on a distinguished road

Awesome. Bookmark some of the pages here with guides on new people. Sit down and spend a day or two customizing your machine and finding out what works for you. It also helps (if you want to be more productive) to learn the keyboard commands that shave seconds off your work.
QUOTE Thanks
Atari Boy

Atari Boy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome. The shop that I am buying it from are transferring my Outlook data over from my old machine. They are struggling as the PSV (I think that's it's name) file is 5.3 gb. We are now using a bit of software called Office to Mac, I hope it works, I was hoping to get the machine yesterday.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hey. And welcome to the forums AT . . .. . . Be sure to read the sticies at the top of each sub forum and of you have hassles ask away.
Dont know how into Macs you are but have set up a few links to look at for noobs IF you want a little read take a look at

Have a look at these for starters .....
Mac Switching 101
Mac 101
MacTricksAndTips ~ 100 Essential Mac Apps
Mac OS Menu Bar Items
Mac OS Keyboard Shortcuts
Mac downloads ~ Apple

Adium ~ Chat Client
Growl Notifications
SuperDuper or CarbonCopyCloner ~ Both make bootable copies of your HD
HandBrake ~ Video Converting
Burn ~ As it says A Burning App
Transmission ~ p2p client
Skitch ~ Screen capture and more
VLC ~ Video player that plays most codecs and does a lot more
Perian and Flip4Mac Makes watching certain codecs easier ... This is Essential IMHO
Audacity ~ Play with Music App
CandyBar ~ Mods all your icons, and dock
MainMenu or Oynx ~ Does the same as Disk utility only more thorough
Quicksilver ~ Works like Spotlight but way way better and does so much more
StuffitExpander ~ Opens Zip and rar files and more
Lil Snitch ~ Firewall type App that looks at your incoming and outgoing traffic
and last but certainly not least .....
AppTrap ~ Once installed it sits in System Preferences and deletes all associated files of anything that you put in the trash ...

Enjoy your mac and be sure to return

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boss wants requirements | YouTube 1080P jaggies?? »