New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Problem Installing Open Office 3.3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bob_Stan

Bob_Stan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.5 Ghz Quad Core i7,SSD,3TB Fusio Fusion,32GB . MBPro 2.2Ghz 128GB SSD, 500GB HD, 8GB

This is driving me nuts!!! I have installed several programs with no problems (XMarks for Safari, Thunderbird). When I download the Open Office 3.3 Aqua for Mac and click on the "disk", a window opens showing the dmg file. When I click on that I get an error message say "no mountable file system." I have downloaded the file several times, tried copying it to a cd, all with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it could be a permissions problem because the other programs installed just fine.

I really need to get Open Office installed as my wife relies on it and switching to another program is not an option.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It's possible that the downloads are corrupt. Try a different mirror if you're using the same one. You can see the list here.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Bob_Stan

Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.5 Ghz Quad Core i7,SSD,3TB Fusio Fusion,32GB . MBPro 2.2Ghz 128GB SSD, 500GB HD, 8GB

Thanks for your help. I could never find the en-us version on any of the alternate mirrors, but I confirmed that the download checksum was bad. I finally went ahead and downloaded the en-us 3.4 beta, which had a valid checksum and it installed just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I found the en-US version with ease. You can get 3.3 here if you'd prefer a stable version.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Bob_Stan

Thanks - my wife just uses the word processing part of it for simple documents and that seems to work OK. I'll save your link though, just in case.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone app data from pc --> mac | Mac won't turn on »