New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

A Question About Flash

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Quirkkk

Quirkkk is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I'm back with another pretty silly question/request/favor to ask.

Can someone take me through a literal step by step of how to get flash onto this beast? Like, so many details you'll want to strangle yourself with your own tongue.

It's a PowerPC so the new Flash doesn't work on it, from what I gather.
I tried to get earlier versions of Flash, but, apparently I'm doin' something wrong.

When I first bought the computer (which I named Steggy, by the way) I could run flash things just fine, then I thought I was selling it, so I reinstalled the OS disk.
Now no Flash, so my poor boyfriend can't play Pokemon Tower Defense D:
So, if anyone wants to help out that'd be lovelyy! <3
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Check the Archived versions here:

Archived Flash Player versions

If I recall correctly, 10.1 will work.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Quirkkk

So, yeah. I did that, it's a .zip file, then what do I do with it? Is it just...chill? Should it work right after I download it? Do I need to restart?

Edit: Keep in mind, I've had this computer for less than a week :c
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

After you download it, double click on it. It'll create a folder. In there you'll find a folder with a .dmg in it. Double click on it, it'll open a new window with something like AdobeInstaller.app in it. Double click on that and follow the instructions on screen

mike
QUOTE Thanks
Quirkkk

You're my hero :]
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Just make sure you double click on the .dmg file.. the Archives include all OS versions.. which is why the things so big.

mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrading my G4 Sawtooth to Powermac G5 | Installing an Onyx update & a settings question »