New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

It's Here And Holy Puppy!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dwd3885

Just got my refurb PM Dual 2ghz today!! I was supposed to be getting the 512mb RAM and GeForce 5200FX 64mb graphics card. Instead, I got 1gig RAM and the ATI 9600XT vid card!! I LOVE APPLE!! And this Mac is sweet for my first one ever. ANYTHING I SHOULD DO???
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd3885
Just got my refurb PM Dual 2ghz today!! I was supposed to be getting the 512mb RAM and GeForce 5200FX 64mb graphics card. Instead, I got 1gig RAM and the ATI 9600XT vid card!! I LOVE APPLE!! And this Mac is sweet for my first one ever. ANYTHING I SHOULD DO???
I would check with Apple first, to make sure that you got the right one. At least check to make sure they aren't going to charge you more for the upgrages.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Mod Note: Title changed. There is no profanity allowed on this board.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

That is awesome, I have heard of people getting more than they paid for with refurbs before.
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

Congratulations man, and welcome to the club!

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
MightyMac

holy puppy!!
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

Pictures! It's always lovely to see people with their new Macs!
QUOTE Thanks
stillimation

stillimation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
Mod Note: Title changed. There is no profanity allowed on this board.

keep up the good works mods

but yea dude nice machine
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

what an awesome first mac!!!!!!!

QUOTE Thanks
BEEEsH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessfreap24
what an awesome first mac!!!!!!!
How much did you pay?

Congrats on the good fortune.
QUOTE Thanks
dwd3885

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEEsH
How much did you pay?

Congrats on the good fortune.
$1649 on refurbished Apple Store. It's so sweet so far. I love this Mac!! I still have my pc laptop in case I miss Windows for some reason ;-) Now I can't wait til my Nano gets here in a day or two!!
QUOTE Thanks
BEEEsH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd3885
$1649 on refurbished Apple Store. It's so sweet so far. I love this Mac!! I still have my pc laptop in case I miss Windows for some reason ;-) Now I can't wait til my Nano gets here in a day or two!!
Did you order that separately or did it come with it through the student union thingy?
QUOTE Thanks
dwd3885

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEEsH
Did you order that separately or did it come with it through the student union thingy?
I ordered it separately. It wouldn't do student union thingy anyway since I bought refurbished. But I still saved money by buying both since I got refurb and not new
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adium issue... | Suggestions for great label software »