New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

weird screen blanking problem after Tiger install

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ex_PC_Puke

So first off - let me state - nothing has changed on my system - with the exception of doing an archive + install of Tiger - plus all the latest patches

I've never experienced this behavior on Panther

I first saw this a few days ago after the upgrade - I would select say Mail from the task bar - the screen would go black for a second then mail would pop up on the screen - next I might click on Finder --- finder pops up ok (no blanking) then I click on Safari - screen blanks (goes black) for a second and Safari pops up. Doesn't matter whether the app is already active or being launched. Semi random ....

So I shut the system down - and even though nothing has moved in weeks - I unplugged both ends of the DVI cable and reseated - then rebooted.

Seemed stable for a couple of days - nothing has changed or moved - now it just started doing it again -- in fact I just got a blank-out when I selected the dash board

Screen res is set to 1024x768 at 75hz refresh --- I'll check the apple boards on this ------ any ideas here ????????????? :dummy:

THANKS
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Another printer thread.... | External Harddrive »