Looking at Time Capsule or AirPort...
    I'm a college student who's relatively new to the Mac world. I purchased my MacBook Pro about a year ago, and I am incredibly happy with it (after I worked past a few idiosyncrasies, of course).

Key word there is college student.

Next semester, my suitemates and i are considering making a "theatre-room" - putting all our beds in one room, and all the cool tech stuff in the other. We're at the perfect location in our dorm to do so...and now, we're looking at the technological aspect. We're going to be running a flat-planel with basic 5.1 surround sound, and probably an XBox 360 and a PS3. My question is this:

Are Xbox360's and PS3s generally compatible with Time Capsule/Air Port? If anyone here has run such a setup before, how did it fare? We're all dying to know.

Thanks for your time.

-Nick

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragfell View Post
    Are Xbox360's and PS3s generally compatible with Time Capsule/Air Port? If anyone here has run such a setup before, how did it fare? We're all dying to know.

Thanks for your time.

-Nick
    Not sure why it wouldn't be. These are all standard 802.11g/n devices. They wouldn't be IEEE certified for the standard if they were not interoperable.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    I think the better question is - has anyone here run a setup where they, along with all their roommates, put their beds in same room for a semester. Something tells me that's likely to malfunction before the AirPort/Xbox/PS3 setup does.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
    I think the better question is - has anyone here run a setup where they, along with all their roommates, put their beds in same room for a semester. Something tells me that's likely to malfunction before the AirPort/Xbox/PS3 setup does.
    Bunch of heavy sleepers it'd probably be ok. A light sleeper in the bunch, and that one's not gonna like it.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Pretty much...hahaha. alright, thanks everyone!

Thread Information