A real Simple question about Mac Picture Viewer
    So I have a bunch of jpg's in a folder. If it were windows, I'd just click one, and in the previewer i'd just press the next button or arrow key at it would cycle to the next picture. I see the same buttons on the Mac Picture previewer, but neither those buttons nor arrow keys work in cycling to the next picture!

What is that simple tiny thing that I'm missing? It really can't be hard to look at pictures.
    Cheers!

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    You can do one of two things:

1. Select the images you want to view and double click the selection. All the pictures will then open in Preview.
    2. Select one and push the spacebar to open it in QuickLook. Use the arrow keys to view the next/previous picture in the folder.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    To look at a bunch of images and be able to cycle through using those to arrows in the preview window, you need to either select all the images that you want to view and right click to open with preview, or alternatively, put preview in your dock and drop them on the preview icon.

Otherwise, you can use finder in coverflow view.

Edit: Vansmith got in there while I was typing
    Also, added Quicklook as an alternative which I forgot, and yes, double click is a better option than my silly right click method

Specs:
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    And, if I may elaborate, QuickView will work on just about any file, not just jpgs, including mp3's, movie files, and even MS Word documents. You can get a look at any file without having to open any applications.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
    And, if I may elaborate, QuickView will work on just about any file, not just jpgs, including mp3's, movie files, and even MS Word documents. You can get a look at any file without having to open any applications.
    QuickLook (not QuickView) also works for other MS Office documents, other graphics formats, other sound and video formats and PDFs too.

I find it far superior to the Windows method. Click and press space. Done.

Thread Information