New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Best Macbook under about $500?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sanman

Sanman is on a distinguished road

Hello. I am interested in purchasing my first Macbook. I would like to post a WTB listing (either a MB, MBA, or MBP) but I don't know exactly what to ask.
I am hoping to use it for a couple months or a year, until I decide to buy a new one from Apple.

I don't have many requirements other than under about ~$500 give or take a little. Although, compatibility with Lion and possibly a glass-trackpad would be amazing.

At least 2GB RAM and 160GB HD or more would be great!

-----------
What do you guys suggest for a moderately cheap Macbook? Should I look on eBay, or post a WTB on the forum?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I purchased a 2.4ghz 13" MacBook about 6 months ago. 2 gig of ram, 160gig HD...paid $400.

Since you are a new Mac-Forums member...you will not be able to post in the Mac-Forums Buy/Sell/Trade forum until you become a more established member.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Sanman

Sanman is on a distinguished road

How do you suggest becoming that? Posting more help? Or just posting more?

Also, do you think I would be able to get a decent deal on eBay, or would you suggest becoming more established here?
QUOTE Thanks
thekilierdonut

thekilierdonut is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.

check out Parts and service for iBooks, and all Mac Powerbooks They sell used/refurbished Apple products on the cheap.

Mid 2010 MBP 2.53 GHz i5, 4GB RAM || iPhone 4 16 GB iOS 4.3 (not jailbroken) || Amazon Kindle (graphite display) || HP Netbook running Win7 or Ubuntu || Various iPods
*Macintosh, MACintosh, or M.A.C.intosh. Which one looks correct? *
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac re-install issue | problem opening .pdf files »