New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Great Apple Service

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

encayoh

encayoh is on a distinguished road

Hey Folks,

Great to finally be a member of the Mac Owners club...

Well, I would have joined sooner but for a problem with the order of my new MacBook Pro 15", where it was built to order (with the anti-reflective screen and fast-spinning disk), but then delivered to the wrong address by UPS.

The lucky recipient claimed not to speak English; Denied he had received it; Posted it onto Iraq etc etc, and therefore couldn't return it!

After much chasing and hassle, UPS dragged their feet admitting they'd got it wrong, so whilst the 'lost package' process ground on, I ordered a replacement machine...

Originally, I declined AppleCare, but when ordering the replacement, I was offered it with more than 50% discount - something I was very happy to accept.

Furthermore, as a gesture of goodwill, Apple offered a choice of accessories with their compliments, and duly couriered travel adapters, replacement power supply and other goodies, which suited me perfectly as someone who travels a fair bit with work.

All through the episode, it was clear that Apple were in no way to blame, and the fault lay entirely with UPS. Nevertheless, Apple accepted their responsibilities and provided me with updates and more than exceeded my expectations in maintaining great Customer Service.

Long may it continue...

A Happy Apple Customer
QUOTE Thanks
MacInWin

MacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to beholdMacInWin is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 4S, iPad (Retina), 13" MBP and MacMini

Bummer about the first one, but welcome to the board and to the Mac world.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Doesn't UPS have an insurance policy for instances like this? There's a reason they require signature, because it's usually insured for a significant value. Are you saying that UPS did nothing to resolve this? It's nice that Apple took the blame, but I wouldn't leave the UPS central division office until they resolved the problem.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

Actually that would be apple who has to stand in the UPS office. All claims to the shipping companies must be filed by the shipper not the recipient. Have dealt with this in the past as the shipper and they shipping companies try an wiggle there way out of the problem any way they can.

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

That's correct. It's the shipping party who is responsible for providing insurance and safe delivery. It works the same way at the US Postal Service not just UPS or FedEx. You ship it, you insure it.

Large corporations such as Apple have a standing contract with shippers such as UPS so you can bet that UPS reimbursed Apple for the wrong delivery.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

UPS and FedEx suck. I can't count the number of times someone else's package ended up on my door step. Most of the time it's when I'm home but they just ring the bell and practically run away. They never wait for signature. I blame the companies, not the employees. They're overworked so they have no choice but to run from your house in a frenzy to get to the next delivery.

That is awesome of Apple to be so obliging and helpful when it wasn't even their fault.

Welcome to the world of Macs!

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

We have a courier company here that leaves parcels in the recycling bin out in the drive and stuffs a note through the door. Which is great except when they do it on a Friday, 'cus (and you know what's coming) by the time I get home the refuse collectors have called...

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
encayoh

encayoh is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the warm welcome guys
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I'm glad you got it sorted out. And glad you like your new Mac.
I'm sure Apple tore UPS right up about this. And rightfully so. I'm pretty sure Apple would have done their usual "reimburse us UPS or we sue and will probably win". And the good thing is all this behind the scenes mess was handled by Apple and you just just got hassle free service from Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

When I got my Imac in September the dvd drive was making a funny noise on some discs but playing them ok.

I called up Apple and they delivered me a brand new Imac within a day and let me send back the previous model when the new model had been delivered.

Apple's customer service is great and well worth paying more for alone.

If you also consider my boss bought a pc from Dell two years ago and paid extra for five years onside callout to fix any issues.

His machine has developed a fault and Dell refuse point blank to come out and even look at it despite the fact he has paid for them to do this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hello and help | HOWTO Rigt Click Properties Target Box on Mac »