New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Changing Window size?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Greg55

Greg55 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac | iPod nano | iPhone 4

I just got the 21.5" iMac and to be truthful it is intimadating. I have learned a few things about it but I have always been a pc user and that was limited. Ok my question is whenever I open up a window or application as Apple calls it some of them such as my mail page is full screen and others are half screen, whenever I try to make the mail page smaller with the + and - button nothing happens can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

There are two sizes for any given window set by the green dot. Default and that which you set it to by dragging the window by the lower left corner out or in.
So with the Mail window, if you hit the green dot, it should go to a smaller window, and again and it should go full screen.

Lets say you drag in the lower left corner of your mail window 3/4 of the way in, and then click the green dot, it should go back to it's small size, and click it again, and it should go to that 3/4 position you just did.

When you drag any window to a certain position, each time you open that app, it should open in the last size you made it before closing or quitting.

Try it with the finder window now for a quick understand of the green dot, and the opening and closing of the window.
QUOTE Thanks
Greg55

Greg55 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac | iPod nano | iPhone 4

Thanks I think I got that figured out. How do you get the HD icon to appear on your desktop? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Go to finder in the menu bar, preferences, general, and select Hard Disks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need answer ASAP!! .pages to word document... | Computer Science Major, a few questions about notebook choices.... »