New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Photoshop & Lighroom serial numbers Win to Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MontyMo

MontyMo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2GHz 8GB RAM 750GB Hard Disk

My MBP will arrive on Monday. I suspect I will have to spend a bit more money.
I own Photoshop & Lightroom for Windows. Will I need to purchase new copies for my Mac or will my serial numbers transfer.

Thanks
Monty

15" MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyMo View Post
My MBP will arrive on Monday. I suspect I will have to spend a bit more money.
I own Photoshop & Lightroom for Windows. Will I need to purchase new copies for my Mac or will my serial numbers transfer.

Thanks
Monty
This can be a delicate topic! Are you saying you want to install (using the same serial numbers) on both a Windows and Macintosh computer at the same time?

Sometimes depending on the software license agreement...you may be limited to only one active install/install disk. Many times (especially with Adobe products)...one serial number can only be active on one computer at a time.

Finally...if your install disk is a Windows only version...then it won't install on a Macintosh...unless you install Windows on your Mac via Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Bootcamp (that's if you even know what I'm talking about).

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MontyMo

Oh no. I don't plan on using it on two computer. I plan to stop using my Windows computer. Or at the very least, uninstall the software on my old computer.

I'll download trial versions from Adobe.com on my Mac. Once installed I would like to use my existing serial numbers.

I hope this works and is legal.

15" MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Call Adobe. They can do a one time transfer of your license to the Mac version often times.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
MontyMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Call Adobe. They can do a one time transfer of your license to the Mac version often times.
thanks

15" MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
infocusinc

infocusinc will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
This can be a delicate topic! Are you saying you want to install (using the same serial numbers) on both a Windows and Macintosh computer at the same time?

Sometimes depending on the software license agreement...you may be limited to only one active install/install disk. Many times (especially with Adobe products)...one serial number can only be active on one computer at a time.

Finally...if your install disk is a Windows only version...then it won't install on a Macintosh...unless you install Windows on your Mac via Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Bootcamp (that's if you even know what I'm talking about).

- Nick

I just did a cross platform so here's what I found.

Lightroom (at least 3, which is what I have) is cross platform. Just download the correct mac Lightroom installer and use the current serial you have...all legal.

Now if you have PSCS 5 that too is cross platform...PROVIDING you purchase a MAC upgrade for CSPS5. For 200 bucks you get Photoshop for your Mac. You will get a new serial...for the Mac. You will also need to input your Windows CSPS5 serial at install to prove you have ownership . Pretty simply.

BTW I got my PS Mac upgrade at Adobe and they had 10% off. Don't know if that still applies.

Good luck.

BTW Photoshop is two installs per serial and I have found no limit on Lightroom installs.

Craig Lamson - Craig Lamson Photo

www.craiglamson.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Still fresh out of the box, hoping to learn some tricks | Is this HD a good choice for Time Machine? »