Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 16GB RAM 1TB SSD
    Photoshop & Lighroom serial numbers Win to Mac?
    My MBP will arrive on Monday. I suspect I will have to spend a bit more money.
    I own Photoshop & Lightroom for Windows. Will I need to purchase new copies for my Mac or will my serial numbers transfer.

Thanks
    Monty
    15" MacBook Pro

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by MontyMo View Post
    My MBP will arrive on Monday. I suspect I will have to spend a bit more money.
    I own Photoshop & Lightroom for Windows. Will I need to purchase new copies for my Mac or will my serial numbers transfer.

Thanks
    Monty
    This can be a delicate topic! Are you saying you want to install (using the same serial numbers) on both a Windows and Macintosh computer at the same time?

Sometimes depending on the software license agreement...you may be limited to only one active install/install disk. Many times (especially with Adobe products)...one serial number can only be active on one computer at a time.

Finally...if your install disk is a Windows only version...then it won't install on a Macintosh...unless you install Windows on your Mac via Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Bootcamp (that's if you even know what I'm talking about).

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Oh no. I don't plan on using it on two computer. I plan to stop using my Windows computer. Or at the very least, uninstall the software on my old computer.

I'll download trial versions from Adobe.com on my Mac. Once installed I would like to use my existing serial numbers.

I hope this works and is legal.
    15" MacBook Pro

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Call Adobe. They can do a one time transfer of your license to the Mac version often times.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    Call Adobe. They can do a one time transfer of your license to the Mac version often times.
    thanks
    15" MacBook Pro

Specs:
    '11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    This can be a delicate topic! Are you saying you want to install (using the same serial numbers) on both a Windows and Macintosh computer at the same time?

Sometimes depending on the software license agreement...you may be limited to only one active install/install disk. Many times (especially with Adobe products)...one serial number can only be active on one computer at a time.

Finally...if your install disk is a Windows only version...then it won't install on a Macintosh...unless you install Windows on your Mac via Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Bootcamp (that's if you even know what I'm talking about).

- Nick

I just did a cross platform so here's what I found.

Lightroom (at least 3, which is what I have) is cross platform. Just download the correct mac Lightroom installer and use the current serial you have...all legal.

Now if you have PSCS 5 that too is cross platform...PROVIDING you purchase a MAC upgrade for CSPS5. For 200 bucks you get Photoshop for your Mac. You will get a new serial...for the Mac. You will also need to input your Windows CSPS5 serial at install to prove you have ownership . Pretty simply.

BTW I got my PS Mac upgrade at Adobe and they had 10% off. Don't know if that still applies.

Good luck.

BTW Photoshop is two installs per serial and I have found no limit on Lightroom installs.
    Craig Lamson - Craig Lamson Photo

www.craiglamson.com

Thread Information