Clearing things up before my first Mac purchase...
    Just asking some quick questions before I ditch Windows for good, hopefully.

1. Does yanking the memory and drive out of a 2011 Macbook Pro void the warranty? I'll prolly switch out the hdd for an sdd pretty quick after purchase, and the memory might get an upgrade too.

2. Prices for ssd and memory seem decent now, would it be easier to just pay what Mac is asking for at this point? (since I have no idea what "good" is for memory and drives, i've been buying Dell for 20 years)

....and I had more questions but it's 7am and i'm on no sleep so having trouble remembering lol, ill pop some more up when I think of em.

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    changing the HD and RAM dont void the warranty no. but "yanking" it out might break something that does
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    As Rob says "Yanking" it out might not be the best idea

It won't void the warranty as the RAM and HDD are "user replaceable".
    I wouldn't get it straight from Apple either as they seem to like slapping a huge premium on upgrades. Go to Crucial or somewhere similar to get the upgrades yourself.

Hope this helps
    Bring on more questions

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Memory and hard drives are user replaceable, however, any damage incurred by you in their removal and swap out, is not covered under the warranty.

You guys are funny lol no I obviously am not going to yank it out, I will gently sweet talk it out and cradle it to the table.
    BTW from what i've heard iTunes is the best way to organize your music on Macs. Now I have 3 kinds of music (dj tracks, regular music like radio stuff, and dj sets) but I don't wanna keep em all in that music folder cuz thats alot of extra stuff to sort thru just to make dj playlists for Serato. Can you make folders and seperate them or something cuz i'd find it really irritating having to run thru 10k extra files just to make some dj bins.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    You can really easily create playlists in iTunes that are all stored in a side bar to the left!

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    You can also have multiple iTunes libraries, which is what I'd suggest for you. Just launch iTunes with the option key held down, and you can create or switch libraries. The last selected library becomes the default on if you don't hold down option until you change it again.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    You can also have multiple iTunes libraries, which is what I'd suggest for you. Just launch iTunes with the option key held down, and you can create or switch libraries. The last selected library becomes the default on if you don't hold down option until you change it again.
    Sweet that's what I was looking to hear, thanks for the info

Thread Information