New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Putting Calendar and Mail onto new iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

My wife gets her meetings and updates at work "pushed" to the Calendar app on her iphone4. If there is an email sent to her work email with an event tagged to it and she is an invitee, it automatically appears on the app on the phone at whatever date and time.

I also have my work email -same employer- on my phone.
Had to go through the mail app on the iphone and choose MS Exchange and then put in a few URLs and our logins and then it worked. Easy to do for both phones.

iMac different story.

After opening Mail...
I put in the name and email address and password (not even sure if it found it correctly says it cant verify the ID then it says connect and i hit that. ) then next step is choose Exchange 2007, POP, Exchange IMAP, or just IMAP... no idea.

Same menu of questions and I'm asked for incoming server i THINK i know that. and my user name and password from the beginning. Exhange 2007 asks me if i wanna sync iCal and address book.

I do that and i created an account but i tried sending emails and it never worked. I 'Put the account online as well'.. i just deleted and here i am.

It would be cool for her to get work meetings and things on here
Thanks
tt'

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttaylor394 View Post
I put in the name and email address and password (not even sure if it found it correctly says it cant verify the ID then it says connect and i hit that. ) then next step is choose Exchange 2007, POP, Exchange IMAP, or just IMAP... no idea.
You've answered your own question. This isn't going to work until you talk to the mail administrator at work and find out which of these options your mail server is using.
QUOTE Thanks
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

It was so idiot proof on the iPhones. It boggles my mind that it's that difficult on the iMac. I guess I could ask the IT folks here at the hospital.

I'll be back if there is any headway made.

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Sorry, I'm not understanding what's "difficult" about this? The Mac is amazing but not psychic -- you have to tell it what KIND of email account you have if it can't automatically detect it (as it would with any of the major services).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ??How to: delete/erase "Apple Hot News" | Adder... »