New mac book pro 2.3 ghz or 2.7 ghz
    Is the new mac book pro 13 inch 2.7 ghz worth buying then 2.3 ghz it's 300$ more and I don't care abbot the disk space .. Just wondering of the 2.7 ghz procressor worth 300$ extra.. What do you think ?

I might do some small video editing Un final cut and use dreamweaver , Photoshop together... I will have 8gb ram. Let me know what u ppl think of using 2.3 or 2.7 ghz

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Save your money. MacWorld Magazine bench tests show very little gain by the faster processor.

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Always buy the most computer you can afford.

There is no such thing as "too much capability" but there is such a thing as too little.

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Save your money for when a good Thunderbolt external drive is on the market. Then you can work on the external, and not worry about all your movie/photo files bogging down your internal hard drive.

Specs:
    13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
    The 2011 13" 2.3GHz model actually benchmarks higher than the top 2010 17" model according to what I've read. These are crazy fast machines (Thank you Sandy Bridge) and I would assume that even the low end MBP would handle what most of us can throw at it.

-MikeM

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I went with the low-end 15" model, just as I did the last time I bought one - and there was a similar price discrepancy. The higher end CPU came with a slightly better GPU as well, but that didn't phase me. I do agree with the sentiment of budgeting for the best computer your money can buy, but in a laptop, I think you also have to consider battery life and heat.

For me, it was a no-brainer. I seldom game on my laptop, and I don't believe the difference of a few hundred MHz really makes a difference in real life. You have some heftier needs than I do as it seems you're running some power-hungry apps. But I really think you're looking at just a few less seconds of rendering time. If that kind of time difference is worth $300 to you, then by all means, go with the higher end CPU. But I think in general, the MacBook Pro is very well equipped, even in lesser trims. At the end of the day, it all comes down to how you will use the machine. If it's going to replace a desktop for you, then it might be worth it. If it's going to complement one (as it does for me), then it's not quite as important.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    At the end of the day, it all comes down to how you will use the machine. If it's going to replace a desktop for you, then it might be worth it. If it's going to complement one (as it does for me), then it's not quite as important.
    /\
    |
    This

Mine complements my Primary PC and as such, it's actually more power than I need at the moment. If I was going to replace my desktop, I would be looking at the 17" only, because of processing power, GPU and screen real estate.

-MikeM

Thread Information