Thread: Lost Mac

Lost Mac

Lost Mac
    My girlfriend has been robed and they took her Macbook. Is there any possible way that we can find it? Thank you.

Lost Mac
    Specs:
    21" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac, 12GB Crucial RAM
    Sorry for your loss. As I understand it, there are Lojack systems out there for your computer, but they need to be installed prior to your computer getting lost/stolen/covered with peanut butter. Having said that, its possible the Rozzers might catch your Macnapper, but without data on the computer proving its yours (or it literally being branded on the cover with her name); its difficult to prove its yours.

You wrote down your serial number prior, right?
    21" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac "Sputnik" ■ 12GB Crucial RAM ■ Monsoon flat-panel speakers ■ HP P1006 LaserJet printer ■ Full Keyboard ■ Canoscan 9000F flatbed scanner ■ ...and then of course me (being a narcissist, I consider this to be the most important mod).

Lost Mac

yea, I have the serial number. It really sucks because there are so much stuff in it. So I guess there is nothing much I can do?!

Lost Mac
    Specs:
    21" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac, 12GB Crucial RAM
    Definitely things you can do. Notify the police department. Give them specifics with serial numbers. They'll list it. Any legitimate pawn shop must provide a listing (with serial numbers) to the police once a week on items they've taken in. Perhaps you'll get lucky. I'd also check the local Craigslist ads for Macs for sale. You ight get a hit. Lastly a mild reward placed in the paper with the words "no questions asked" doesn't hurt.
    21" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac "Sputnik" ■ 12GB Crucial RAM ■ Monsoon flat-panel speakers ■ HP P1006 LaserJet printer ■ Full Keyboard ■ Canoscan 9000F flatbed scanner ■ ...and then of course me (being a narcissist, I consider this to be the most important mod).

Lost Mac
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Make sure you report it to the authorities so there will be a record of the theft. If your girl friend has any kind of insurance she will need that police report to file a claim.

Unless she had preinstalled software on the machine to track its location, there's little chance of getting it back. Apple notebook computers are a favorite target for thieves. Never let one out of your sight regardless of where you are.

Lost Mac
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosa View Post
    yea, I have the serial number. It really sucks because there are so much stuff in it. So I guess there is nothing much I can do?!
    She wasn't using Time Machine or some other method to back up??

Thread Information