New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Closing all applications in unison

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kathmat

kathmat will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac OSX 10.9

Not a new switcher - been a Mac user for over 3 years but never as usual sure of the right forum to post on re the topic?

Knowing how important it is to install updates I try to do so when prompted, (missing plug-in in mail now the issue - updates did not help) since I usually have quite a few applications open 24/7 though, such as Photoshop and Illustrator and several others, and it seems to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get them all to close one by one, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a command or keyboard shortcut anything that will allow me to close all apps simultaneously without the toe tapping ad nauseum wait.

It actually puts me off installing the updates sometimes as I just can't sit around staring at the monitor for that long.

Thank you and Happy St. Patrick's Day.
FYI - They don't wear green on St. Paddy's day in Ireland, wonder why they do it here?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Just keep your finger on command and keep tapping Q until they are all closed........ takes less than 3 seconds with 10+ apps open!
QUOTE Thanks
kathmat

kathmat will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac OSX 10.9

Brilliant! Will give it a try.
Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
Milca604

Milca604 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2 GHz i7

I think Ctrl +Q works in Windows too
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

in Windows you could also just hit alt+F4

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
Milca604

Milca604 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2 GHz i7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePope43 View Post
in Windows you could also just hit alt+F4
oh that's right
i've only got my first mac for 2 weeks and i'm already converted
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Magic mouse drops wifi connection? | Getting New Mac Book Pro »