Getting New Mac Book Pro
    I am getting a new macbook pro.. 13inch.. 2.7 GHz processor.

This will only be my primary system for day to day work.. Work, Music, Videos, Youtube basically anything..

I will be working with Final Cut Pro, Adode products, and running a virtual windows 7 machine...( Because I want to use Microsoft Visual Studio ) I will do dual monitor with larger screen for it..

I am also planing to upgrade it to 8GB of ram once I buy it..

would this be a good model? I want 13inch because its light comfortable..

My main question is:

Will this laptop perform well.. Speed , quick response , ** data safety ** , virtual machine windows perform well.. and everything you can think of..

i use windows machine from dell with quad core 3.0 ghz desktop.. 3gb ram.. its really slow..when i run photoshop , fireworks, dreamweaver .. and listen to music..

will I be having good experiences with this model of 13 inch.. I want to stick with 13inch only..

Any one having good knowledge please suggest me.. Thanks !

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I don't know which model Dell you're referring to but a quad core machine running at 3.0 GHz should be fast. Of course there are other factors involved.

The MBP you're thinking about buying is a fast machine. Remember though that the 13" MBP does not use a discrete video chipset with its own VRAM. It uses an Intel HD3000 integrated chipset which borrows memory from the system. It's fast but not as fast as a MBP with a discrete video chipset such as the 15" models.

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    that 13" Macbook Pro is perfect for everything you describe.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Specs:
    2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
    The windows machine is slow because you only have 3gb of ram. Upgrade it to 8 and you will be fine. The 15 in MBP would be better suited for your use with its better video card

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini_mi View Post
    The windows machine is slow because you only have 3gb of ram. Upgrade it to 8 and you will be fine. The 15 in MBP would be better suited for your use with its better video card
    3GB of RAM would be fine for what they are using it for. people rarely need 8GB of RAM. usually 4GB is fine. its more likely the CPU is not a quad core, and more likely a single core clocked at 3GHz.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    The MBP you're thinking about buying is a fast machine. Remember though that the 13" MBP does not use a discrete video chipset with its own VRAM. It uses an Intel HD3000 integrated chipset which borrows memory from the system. It's fast but not as fast as a MBP with a discrete video chipset such as the 15" models.
    I am planing to upgrade to 8GB ram.. would that be good enough to compete with discrete video chipset such as the 15" models.

Quote Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
    3GB of RAM would be fine for what they are using it for. people rarely need 8GB of RAM. usually 4GB is fine. its more likely the CPU is not a quad core, and more likely a single core clocked at 3GHz.

Can I clock 12" mac with 2.7 perform as same as 2.2 quadcore machine?

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by bikram View Post
    I am planing to upgrade to 8GB ram.. would that be good enough to compete with discrete video chipset such as the 15" models.

Can I clock 12" mac with 2.7 perform as same as 2.2 quadcore machine?
    it wont make much difference to the video chipset.

overclocking a Macbook pro is generally not a good idea. its in a very small space, and the 13" models only have one fan. you'll have cooling issues for a start; you'd probably kill your fans by over revving them, and then overheat the CPU and then your in for a expensive repair job, which Apple most likely wont pay for if they find out you were trying to overclock it.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
    overclocking a Macbook pro is generally not a good idea. its in a very small space, and the 13" models only have one fan. you'll have cooling issues for a start; you'd probably kill your fans by over revving them, and then overheat the CPU and then your in for a expensive repair job, which Apple most likely wont pay for if they find out you were trying to overclock it.
    I couldn't agree more.

I think the 13'' would be perfect for what you have described. You shouldn't need anything more than that Dell, actually, if it's a 3GHz quadcore with 3GB of RAM. Either way, the Mac will perform as desired.
    Facebook|Twitter
    If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!

Thread Information