New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Editing photos after imported in iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Milca604

Milca604 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2 GHz i7

How do I use photoshop to edit the photos I've imported into iPhoto?

So I've decided to use mac as it's meant to be used,
so instead of putting the photos into the "picture" folder, I drag the photos from usb straight into iPhoto

I did some research and found out that the photos are in the "Master" folder but the photos I've deleted
but I've also heard that editing the contents in "master" folder can screw up iPhoto

I've considered exporting by emailing imported photo from iphoto and importing it back to iphoto after, but that seem like the wrong way of using mac.

is there a better way?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

In iPhoto Preferences, you can chose which application to use for editing. Double clicking on a picture in your Library will then open that picture in the applcation of your choice.
QUOTE Thanks
Milca604

thank you so much
you completely answered my question
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

yzfmik is on a distinguished road

I have to thank you too! i've been using a Mac for a year and a half now and I didn't know that! I set it to open in Preview (just to try it), but I am planning on buying Pixelmator very soon.

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
 iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
 iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

This probably goes without saying, but remember to save your edit in Adobe or the changes will be lost when you return to iPhoto.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milca604 View Post
...So I've decided to use mac as it's meant to be used...
What made you change to iPhoto? You know there's no harm in keeping your image files in the Pictures folder or any other folder. If you're not using any of the iPhoto features, there's really no point in bothering with it at all. That is of course, dependent on your reason(s) for using iPhoto now.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Milca604

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
What made you change to iPhoto? You know there's no harm in keeping your image files in the Pictures folder or any other folder. If you're not using any of the iPhoto features, there's really no point in bothering with it at all. That is of course, dependent on your reason(s) for using iPhoto now.
Actually....
I thought iPhoto is the photo viewing software for mac
like ACDsee on window
I couldn't figure out how to use the 3 finger swipe (or arrow key) to view next/previous pictures in folders
and i thought iPhoto was meant for that

is there a better way?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I don't know about "better", but if you are in Finder and highlight a photo and press Space Bar, you can bring that photo up in a larger viewer "window". You then can drag the bottom right corner to make it as large as you want and either arrow up/down or left/right to switch to next or previous photo. There's also a Full Screen button (looks like two opposing arrows) but you can not move to the next or previous photo when in Full Screen. That's why I suggest dragging the window to fill your screen if you want it really large.

Whatever works best for you.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« connecting internet using adhoc network in mac..?? | Trojan »