New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Boot Camp Problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DoubleForte

DoubleForte is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys,
So I recently put Windows 7 64-bit on my MBP 13' 2011, using boot camp.
The installation went smoothly, but now whenever I turn on my MBP, the default boot is windows. To use the Mac OSX, I have to use the "option" key during startup. How can I change this so that Mac OSX is the default boot?
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Apple menu - System Preferences - Startup Disk

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
TomServo

TomServo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Apple menu - System Preferences - Startup Disk
Yup, I just BootCamped Win7 and in Windows there should be a BootCamp Assistant that loads in the Win7 tray that allows you to select the OS-X and hit a re-start icon and in 10 seconds your back on a MAC. When I'm on the MAC side I use the path bobtomay offered.

I now have the best of both and couldn't be happier in my decision to buy my 27" iMAC

Cheers

Tom
QUOTE Thanks
jeffk

jeffk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, AppleTV2 (x2), iPad1

My BC Win 7 partition behaves normally as well. You're looking for a small gray diamond in the Windows task bar. Click it and you will get the option of restarting in OSX. Until you do this, it will keep booting into Windows.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My first MBP malfunction after 4 days after purchase | Which of the 21.5" iMac would suit my needs? »