New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

My first MBP malfunction after 4 days after purchase

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Milca604

Milca604 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2 GHz i7

So I was trying out iWeb coz I heard so many good things about it
being simple, user friendly, and many other good things compared to Dreamweaver

I started playing with it and got really satisfied with it
and wanted to setup the ftp for publish
then i realize that I forgot my login, which i will have to get later because my lunch break was almost over

Then i try to click the red dot to close and then quit iWeb, like i do with other programs (still cant change the click the corner to close habbit)
but it gave me an error sound, and nothing happen
after a few tries, I try to shut down when iWeb is minimized, but my mbp gave me another error sound and iWeb jump back out

finally, after a few minutes, a message popped up telling me that i can force quit iWeb.

Everything is fine now
and I learned the mac version of Alt+Ctrl+Del which helps me rest better

but I am wondering if anyone else have experienced this with iWeb, or is it just me doing something I shouldn't?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

First, clicking on the red dot on the frame of the window just closes that particular window of the application. The application doesn't exist like in Windows. You have to specifically go to the menu bar and choose <Name of App> -> Quit or hit CMD+Q to quit an application..

As to the errors themselves, what did it say exactly?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Milca604

Milca604 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2 GHz i7

first of all sorry i didn't express myself clearly
i meant i click the red dot to close that window, and then go on to the menu bar on top to Quit that program as i always forget that i could simply close the program.

I don't remember what it says exactly
the message is about
if certain program is not working go to apple menu and click force quit

which I did, and fixed the problem
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
First, clicking on the red dot on the frame of the window just closes that particular window of the application.
Generally true, but with some, iPhoto, iWeb, iMovie11 for example, it closes the application.
QUOTE Thanks
jeffk

jeffk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, AppleTV2 (x2), iPad1

I don't know that I'd call that a malfunction of the computer. More like a software issue. I've had my new MBP for about a week and managed to get a bit click-happy and tick off Safari yesterday. Force quit it, restarted and continued on. It happens. Not nearly as often as a PC, but it does happen.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to Access a Web Cam? | Boot Camp Problems »