New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Recent 2010 Macbook 15" i7 Craigslist Purchase

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rmc8

rmc8 is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum since I just bought my very first macbook pro (used) on Craigslist. I purchased a 2010 15" Macbook pro 2.66GHz i7 from someone for $1300 cash, which included everything (box, install CDs, and cords). Would you guys consider this a great deal? I saw refurbs go for $1600, but this macbook although in excellent condition, has only 2.5 months of warranty left, which might depreciate the price. let me know ur thoughts. thanks

Here are the specs:
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

That's a very good price..almost a steal..

The warranty is for one year with the purchase of the MBP, but you can purchase AppleCare and extend that to 3 years from the date of purchase so no worries there..

Welcome to Mac Forums and enjoy you new Mac..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

That is a killer deal! He may as well have given you the computer free. Welcome to M-F!

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks
IIsGII

IIsGII has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 13.3" MacBook Pro [2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD]

What a deal. He must have needed the money ASAP.

Enjoy your new MacBook!
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

bentharbour has a spectacular aura about

Wow, that is an incredible deal. You can still get extended applecare if you like for an additional 3 years! (if you are worried about the warranty)

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
rmc8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIsGII View Post
What a deal. He must have needed the money ASAP.

Enjoy your new MacBook!
Thanks for the input everyone. The buyer actually sold it cause he had too many computers. This was a replacement from applecare that he received last summer after his wife's old macbook pro kept breaking. Good news is that i found out apple doesn't know this was a replacement laptop, so they are treating this as new.

I heard the cheapest place to buy applecare was on ebay, assuming they are legit(from their feedback)...anyone have experience with this? Second question, would there be a huge performance diff btw the new i7 to the 2010 i7 i have now for ableton program (music/producing program)
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I would recommend not taking a chance with Fleabay unless there is a dealer there you are comfortable with. Check Amazon for a discounted price or look at it this way ... you got a great deal on the MBP and Apple says its new -- pay them for AppleCare and be happy you still came out way ahead!

To answer your second question: no, not till Ableton puts out another major update (not for a while I would guess).
QUOTE Thanks
IIsGII

You should definitely try not to take the cheap route for the AppleCare unless you're buying it from a discounted price through a trusted online retailer or something.
QUOTE Thanks
rmc8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIsGII View Post
You should definitely try not to take the cheap route for the AppleCare unless you're buying it from a discounted price through a trusted online retailer or something.
OK thanks everyone....im going to purchase applecare through a certified online site. I actually found a place that has it for a pretty good price and is a legit apple dealer.
QUOTE Thanks
IIsGII

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc8 View Post
OK thanks everyone....im going to purchase applecare through a certified online site. I actually found a place that has it for a pretty good price and is a legit apple dealer.
If price wasn't an issue, then I'd have to say there isn't anything more comforting than purchasing through Apple's website. Enjoy your MacBook!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time machine question | connecting internet using adhoc network in mac..?? »