New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

URGENT: Help with purschasing @ Apple store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Frolex

Frolex is on a distinguished road

Hi guys. I'm in a bit of a situation and I need URGENT help, so please be as helpful as possible.

I live overseas and I'm ordering my first mac (macbook pro 15) with a friend that is visiting from america. I have decided on the computer, and she can go pick it up from the local apple store.
THE PROBLEM is that before she can do that she needs to get money from me (simply because she can't afford it otherwise). She is leaving on FRIDAY, and today is TUESDAY, so that gives 3 days to act. I did not send money until this morning for various reasons, and I doubt the money will arrive on time - considering the currency change and what not. She has a paypal account but can only withdraw 500 dollars to her credit card, so thats not enough. From what I know it is also not possible to pay with paypal in the applestore.

Buying the computer in my country is not an option because of the great price difference, and I will not be going to america....ever, for all I know.

WHAT CAN I DO??

Are there any possibilities for me to get my first macbook through my friend?

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Apple stores will accept valid credit cards but not PayPal. So if she has a good credit card that is able to draw on US currency, she can use that to buy the MBP. Otherwise without the cash on hand, you're out of luck. Generally, a wire service can get cash somewhere quickly but at a higher cost. Perhaps you can use that method.
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

Wire transfer, but that'll cost you. Does she have a back account from which she can draw? You could make a deposit in her account at home and she can draw from it from the US. If the deposit is in cash, it should be almost instantly available.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how we can help.
QUOTE Thanks
didymus

didymus will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

This looks like some kind of phishing expedition to me! The 500 withdrawal limit would be in getting money from a machine, not just using the card - so this is a non-problem, which is what makes me suspicious.
QUOTE Thanks
Frolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by didymus View Post
This looks like some kind of phishing expedition to me! The 500 withdrawal limit would be in getting money from a machine, not just using the card - so this is a non-problem, which is what makes me suspicious.
i dont know what phising expedition means but i can assure you that this is legit and im not tricking you in any way...dont know how i could benefit from that? its not my account, she told me about the limit so i dont know what you mean.

so please help if you can! ive kind of given up at this point considering theres only 2 days left...unless theres anyone living in boston who has a large pile of cash lying around? lol
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

You don't say that country you are in, but I'm sure Western Union is most likely there and you can send money through them and have your friend pick it up in the US..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

To be brutally honest...this sounds to me to be a situation where someone doesn't have their personal finances in the best of order...and should probably get that sorted out before buying a MacBook Pro.

Also...the details in the original post seem sort of sketchy to me. I'm not saying someone is trying to do something illegal...I just can't figure out what's going on from the details given.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Frolex

All im asking is the following: How is it possible to get money from me (dubai) to her (america) before tomorrow? I tried to call the newly opened western union branch here, but they are not responding, so can someone explain how that would work?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolex View Post
All im asking is the following: How is it possible to get money from me (dubai) to her (america) before tomorrow? I tried to call the newly opened western union branch here, but they are not responding, so can someone explain how that would work?
WOW...you should have said that originally. That makes things MUCH more understandable!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolex View Post
Have you visited the Western Union website? According to the website...you can send money to anywhere in the world...in minutes:

Money Transfer | Western Union

HTH,

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Uninstalling Programs | Batteries can not be removed!!! »