New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Text Plus App

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MontanaMac

MontanaMac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3

OK, here's an interesting one. On my iPad, I purchased "Text Plus", an app that let's you text with a number they provide. I did a wipe on my iPad when I sent it in for repair. I want to use text plus from my iMac, so I went into the app store here on my iMac, and searched "Text Plus", and nothing comes up. Is the app store on the iPad the same as this one?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Yes, they are the same. If you ever synced even one time with your computer after installing the app on your iPad, it would still be in iTunes under Apps and could be synced back to your iPad.

You could also do a restore from the backup you made before you wiped it - link.

If it's no longer in the store, then it's been pulled by either Apple or the developer and not really a way to get it back.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

Hmmm I opened tunes from the dock, but didn't see apps there at all. I did plug my iPad into my Mac and I thought they synced, at least the message said it did.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

??? mine

I try to make it a habit to connect my iPad to itunes at least once every week or so, if nothing else to do a backup.

QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

I'm still having a hard time finding my way around here. I'm looking in applications and there is nothing there like your screen. I wonder if the install I did didn't install everything.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

You're looking in Finder now - not where you'll find your iOS apps.

They'll be in iTunes - in the first screen shot you posted - if they've been synced to it - as my shot of iTunes shows.

QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

Hmmm, for some odd reason the apps don't even show up in my library.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Hold it, Montana. Try this.

In iTunes Preferences under the General tab there are a bunch of check boxes that let you choose which items appear in your Library list. There is a box for Apps, just make sure it's checked off.

In fact, whenever an application isn't behaving the way you need it to, always take a look at the Preferences menu and see what options you have there. Very often that's where you'll find your solutions. The options are almost always very neatly organized and intuitive. Don't be afraid to delve into them (along with System Preferences) and try out different ways to make things more efficient for you.
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

I think we posted at the same time. You were all over it too. Thank you. There may be hope for me yet....lol
[IMG][/IMG]
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Are your Apps now showing up in the Library list in iTunes?
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
All I can determine is that you have never actually synced your iPad to iTunes on your Mac, and thus iTunes has no idea that you've ever bought any apps. You could try signing in to your iTunes account, that may make a difference.
I did that too after you mentioned it. I think it may have opened options for me that weren't there before.
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

Yes, apps is there now, but it's empty. I guess my ipad didn't sync even though it said it did. But it did transfer some vids I had from Christmas onto my Imac.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

I don't have an iPad but maybe you need to tell iTunes to sync the apps. With the iPad plugged in, click on it in the Devices list in iTunes. There may be an option there that enables and disables syncing of apps.
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

oneironaut
I'll try that when I get my iPad back. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook pro quandry! | What!? Why does macbook only have a 7 hour battery now? »