New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

This Is Just Too Weird

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MontanaMac

MontanaMac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3

I have had my Itunes account with Apple for some time because my daughter gave me an iPad. I use it all the time. I can sign into MobileMe with my iPad, but not with my iMac. How could this be?

Screen shot 2011-02-20 at 1.30.26 PM

Oh. By the way, how do you post a screen shot here? I tried copy / paste and I tried dragging it off my desk top.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Do you and your daughter both use both devices to log in to your iTunes accounts. It may be a problem with trying to log into the wrong account or something.

For posting photos here, you have to upload them to something like Photobucket.com then post the link here using the link button I think.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post

For posting photos here, you have to upload them to something like Photobucket.com then post the link here using the link button I think.
Or use the attachment function:

Screen shot 2011-02-20 at 5.13.52 PM.png

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

OK, I have to correct myself. I can access MobileMe from Safari on my iMac, but I can't open it from my system preferences. When I try to go into it there, it tells me I have the wrong password or user name.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMac View Post
OK, I have to correct myself. I can access MobileMe from Safari on my iMac, but I can't open it from my system preferences. When I try to go into it there, it tells me I have the wrong password or user name.
So if you type 'MobileMe' in Spotlight, hit enter and then enter your credentials:

userID@me.com

password

It doesn't connect you?

- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

Ignore this
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
So if you type 'MobileMe' in Spotlight, hit enter and then enter your credentials:

userID@me.com

password

It doesn't connect you?
No, it just tells me my user name or pass word in incorrect, But I can sign into it from Safari. It kind of acts like it has a different separate mobileMe account in my HD on my iMac. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. One thing that seems strange, I sign into my MobileMe account with my gmail name, not MobileMe.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Quote:
Please tell me about the attachment function.
When you hit 'reply' on the forums (excluding the quick reply box) you will see a button saying 'manage attachments', exactly like the picture I posted, under the box that you usually type in. You might have to scroll down to see it (image attached)

Screen shot 2011-02-21 at 10.45.44 AM.png

You then hit browse to find the image you want to attach, then upload it to store it on the server (image attached)

Screen shot 2011-02-21 at 10.46.21 AM.png

Finally, you hit the attach icon on top of the text box (it looks like a little paper clip) and add the attachments you want.

Quote:
No, it just tells me my user name or pass word in incorrect, But I can sign into it from Safari. It kind of acts like it has a different separate mobileMe account in my HD on my iMac. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. One thing that seems strange, I sign into my MobileMe account with my gmail name, not MobileMe.
Your MobileMe account should start with an @me.com email address. Ask for a password reset on the website.

- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

All right, thanks, think I have that attachment thing figured out now thanks to you. I do appreciate it sir.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Camera not showing | Connecting Snow Leopard to a domain? »