New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple Care Protection Plan Warranty Question!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrKay

MrKay is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen

Hi,

i got my macbook pro 13 mid 09 model with apple care and it runs out on september 2012 just wandering once my apple care runs out can i add another apple care to it because i went to apple store and the people working there told me yes i can do this and some other workers there told me no i cant do this can some one tell if i can or not because i will be giving my macbook pro to my brother and get the new 13in or 15in macbook pro when it comes out thanks
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

The AppleCare can only be purchased during the original warranty period.
Those who told you otherwise were misinformed.
QUOTE Thanks
MrKay

MrKay is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook pro 13in 2.26ghz,64gb ssd,4gb ram & iphone 4 16gb,ipod,ipod touch 2nd gen

@6string

Thank you very much for your reply
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

The confusion might be this: You can purchase it up to a year after you buy the Mac. But there's no "double dipping". So, yeah, you can get it later, or you can get it at the time of the purchase.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail Getting Stuck? | 2010 iMac-CD loads into VM instead of iMac »