Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   Back to Apple Mac??? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/229737-back-apple-mac.html)

ronyzmbow 02-17-2011 08:51 AM

Many years ago my computer system Mac and later on I moved to Windows based PCs - now it is the time to move on the a new computer and system and I am completely confused with Windows as, for example, there are 6 versions of Windows 7 and many compatibily problems with programs.

My main use is working with images bot RAW and Jpeg with
Photoshop Elements 8 and 9
ACR
Lightroom 3.3

Is the Mac Mini with 2GB or 4GB RAM good enough?
Do I need more RAM?
Can it work with a screen like Eizo S2001W which I am using now?

EIZO FlexScan S2001W 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor ( S2001W-BK ) - 20" LCD Monitor - EIZO Monitor

Is the iMac really a better way to go?

Many thanks for any assistance!

This thread was published in another section before but I think here is the proper place for it.

Many years ago my computer system Mac and later on I moved to Windows based PCs - now it is the time to move on the a new computer and system and I am completely confused with Windows as, for example, there are 6 versions of Windows 7 and many compatibily problems with programs.

ACR
Lightroom 3.3

Do I need more RAM?

EIZO FlexScan S2001W 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor ( S2001W-BK ) - 20" LCD Monitor - EIZO Monitor

Raz0rEdge 02-17-2011 09:29 AM

Welcome to Mac-Forums..

The fastest Mac Mini at 2.66 Ghz Core2Duo with 4GB should be a pretty capable machine. i don't use those applications personally so I can't tell you if it's enough..

The Mac Mini will have no problem interfacing to that particular LCD you already have. The output of the Mac Mini is a HDMI connection (and with the included HDMI-to-DVI converter) it can drive monitors up to 1920x1200..

The slowest iMac is the 3.0Ghz i3 and the Mac Mini is only a little slower that that, so overall performance is probably a bit of a wash there..

Now the iMac can step up to the i5 and i7's and those processors will definitely work a lot better with the applications you wish to use..

Regards

chscag 02-17-2011 11:52 AM

As a matter of fact, only one other Mac performs better than the i7 iMac and that's the Mac Pro. So yes, an iMac is probably the best bang for your buck when buying a new Mac. And as Raz0rEdge pointed out, the Mini is a very capable machine for many things.

harryb2448 02-17-2011 03:38 PM

Go for the Mac Pro IMHO and your beautiful Eizo screen will connect via the DVI ports. You can then upgrade memory and graphics as you see fit.

alexsd123 02-17-2011 11:19 PM

If you're looking at the Mac Mini I would take a look at the MacBook - same specs. If not, iMac & Mac Pro are the way to go.

ronyzmbow 02-20-2011 03:08 AM

Back to Apple Mac with Mac Mini???

ACR
Lightroom 3.3

Do I need more RAM?

:D

pigoo3 02-20-2011 05:03 AM

How many times are you going to post the same exact question?...you posted the same thing yesterday & got some responses...

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/swi...apple-mac.html

...unless you're a spammer...just trying to drive internet traffic to the website you linked for the monitor.

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem 02-20-2011 05:10 AM

This is the third time that I have already merged this thread. >_>" If it happens again don't say I didn't warn you.

pigoo3 02-20-2011 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem (Post 1188693)
This is the third time that I have already merged this thread. >_>" If it happens again don't say I didn't warn you.

Good to hear this one is on the radar.:)

- Nick

ronyzmbow 02-20-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem (Post 1188693)

I am a bit surprised. I am just a new member here and realised that it is better to move my thread to this section of the forum.
No need to talk about spam or to warn me.

CrimsonRequiem 02-20-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronyzmbow (Post 1188794)
I am a bit surprised. I am just a new member here and realised that it is better to move my thread to this section of the forum.
No need to talk about spam or to warn me.

I actually haven't given you a warning yet. I could but I'm being nice. Please read the forum rules and guidelines before making any more new threads and post.