Thread: Apple Workshop

Specs:
    Macbook, OS X 10.6.6, Snow Leopard
    Apple Workshop
    Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has taken that introduction Apple workshop that is like 2 hours? I've had the old MacBook for about (3) years, but thought it may be informative to learn some new things there? I'm as basic of Mac user as it comes. I also just purchased the Iphone 4 and wanted to learn about linking everything together. Thanks.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Welcome to the Mac Forums and "Semper Fi"!

I'm not sure taking the intro Apple Workshop would be of any value for you since you've been a Mac user for three years.

There are a myriad of good books for both the Mac and iPhone. MacWorld Magazine sells tutorial books on both which can be had in digital format, CD, or paper. Or you can browse around in your local Barnes and Noble or Borders and take a look at what they have.

You could also learn quite a bit by browsing our forums and reading what others have to offer and asking questions. Sometimes the best learning experience is from peer to peer.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Welcome to the Mac Forums and "Semper Fi"!

I'm not sure taking the intro Apple Workshop would be of any value for you since you've been a Mac user for three years.

There are a myriad of good books for both the Mac and iPhone. MacWorld Magazine sells tutorial books on both which can be had in digital format, CD, or paper. Or you can browse around in your local Barnes and Noble or Borders and take a look at what they have.

You could also learn quite a bit by browsing our forums and reading what others have to offer and asking questions. Sometimes the best learning experience is from peer to peer.
    Thank you and Semper Fi chscag. I appreciate the response. I'm going to look into some reading material as well. I'm just so dumb with this Mac, I thought maybe there would be some things that I would learn. I really only use the bare basics. I don't even know how to use most of the Apps on here.

Specs:
    1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
    I've been to a couple of workshops - they are informative but basic. So if you know your way around a Mac and its apps you may not learn much. If it is free and easy to get to - try a few and see what you think.

I also like the missing manual series.
    Amazon.com: Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The Missing Manual (9780596153281): David Pogue: Books
    Kindle (which you can read on any iOS device as well as your Mac)
    Amazon.com: Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The Missing Manual eBook: David Pogue: Kindle Store

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    As a TEACHER of one of those Introduction to Mac classes, let me strongly contradict my colleagues ... "I thought I knew the Mac, but I just learned a whole bunch of 'best practices'/tips/tricks/things I didn't know" is probably the NUMBER ONE comment I get.

The class is free ... the most you might possibly lose is two hours. I suspect you will not feel so "dumb with this Mac" by the end of it.

PS. Your local Mac User Group (if one is around) is another great resource for more learning, and wonderfully social.

Specs:
    2006 mac book pro 15" : 2006 imac 20"
    i took the intro class when I first got my Mac and I learned a lot. Its free so its worth it.

Specs:
    Thanks for all the responses. It was a free class and only 2 hours long. It wan't to bad and I did learn a couple things. For the future the one I attended was for the very basic Mac user.

Thread Information