My amateur mini review of the Macbook Pro 13" 2010
    This was my first experience with a mac since 1999, I must say that I am delighted! Here are the main pros and cons of my experience so far!

- Best screen I have ever seen on a 13" laptop!
    - Very good sound quality for such a small machine!
    - Multi tasking is a dream and everything goes fast, even though the Processor is just a Core 2 Duo at 2.66GHz it beats the Core 2 Extreme Q9300 that I had on my Alienware M17, this old laptop had serious stutter issues, not sure if it was because of the processor though.
    - The Nvidia 320M is gaming capable, yes it is, I can play EVE Online on high settings just fine.
    - My laptop can sing.
    - Mac OS X <3

- The keyboard feels a bit small and awkward compared to my old laptop but I am sure I will get used to it.
    - The drivers on the machine do not support my logitech mouse too well and it does awkward things.

Rocky Mountain High, Colorado
    1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
    Consider downloading better touch tool
    Great Tools For Your Mac By Andreas Hegenberg » BetterTouchTool, BetterSnapTool & SecondBar
    With all the gestures available - I pretty much no longer use external mice.

I have also started playing with a pogo stylus and inklet. Seems pretty cool but you have to get used to it.
    Kind of a poor man's tablet
    Inklet Trackpad Tablet

Anyway - my point is - the trackpad is one of the key reasons I went to a Mac - and once I figured out all that I could do with it - I've been really annoyed with old school pointing devices.

If you want to keep using your logitech device - then you probably want to install the software from logitech if you haven't already. (It wasn't clear from your post if you installed any extra drivers)
    Logitech Control Center for Macintosh® OS X

I might get myself a magic mouse, not sure if they're worth it. I personally don't like using inbuilt tackpads on laptops.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Any USB mouse will work just fine. I've been using various inexpensive Logitech rodents now for some time. (Wal-Mart special for $12.95.) I have a Magic Mouse and have put it aside because I don't like it.

Oh my lord! I noticed that the trackpad was uneven as in it sticks out more on the left than on the right (1/3 of a milimeter but I can feel it) and here is a mark in the aluminium in the lower right corner!

South Bend, IN
    Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram
    I just bought a 13" Mac Pro yesterday and I've never been a big fan of track pads on previous PC notebooks that I've had. So I've always had a mouse attached somehow.
    And since my new Pro has Bluetooth I thought I would use my Logitech Blue Tooth mouse that I have. It was only a matter of a minute or two until everything was working.
    But the scrolling wheel on the mouse does not seem to be as responsive as it was on my Dell that I just sold.
    As for the track pad, I'm starting to get use to it and may put the mouse to sleep, or give it to my neighbors cat!!! I like the way the Mac Trackpad scrolls with just a gentle
    "Swoosh" of the fingers. In all, I have only had this Mac for a little over 24 hrs. and I love it!!!! Now I just need to sell my other PC notebook and tower and then pick up a new iMac when they release a new one.... : < ) Russ

Bretforton, Worcestershire
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanLasston View Post
    Consider downloading better touch tool
    Great Tools For Your Mac By Andreas Hegenberg » BetterTouchTool, BetterSnapTool & SecondBar
    With all the gestures available - I pretty much no longer use external mice.
    I just got this program and it's great, I now have three finger swipe up gesture to open mac-forums
    Cheers for the link Ivan

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Virginia, USA
    15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
    Magic mouse is so worth the small price
    Apple asks for it. Love mine. I actually miss the track pad when docked to my 27" monitor that I bought the magic track pad to use when I use the monitor, I use both.

Thread Information