Thread: A couple of problems.
02-05-2011, 04:04 PM #1
A couple of problems.
- Member Since
- Jul 04, 2008
So I have a couple of reoccurring problems that fix once I restart my computer but I'd rather not have to restart all the time.
- The play/pause, fast forward, rewind, volume and brightness buttons don't work.
- I cant empty the trash. I get "Operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some items."
- Can't open some programs. If I close safari and try to open it it just bounces in the dock for a while then stops.
All of these problems usually occur at the same time and seem to go away after I restart for a while and then come back.
Note that instead I rarely turn my computer off I just put it in sleep mode. The only time I turn it off is if I'm not going to use if for more than 24 hours.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
02-05-2011, 04:07 PM #2
- Member Since
- Oct 22, 2010
- Bretforton, Worcestershire
- MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums
(Note I hardly ever shutdown my MBP I always put it to Sleep instead)
Ok, boot your MBP into your original install disk, once booted go to Utilities > Disk Utility.
Click your HDD, click the First Aid tab, click Repair Disk, after completed click Repair Disk Permissions.
This takes a while so be patient with it.
Hope this helps
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By vinson.F in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:13 AM
By rykieljhun in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 5Last Post: 01-23-2009, 09:06 AM
By Rizzo in forum iPhone Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 15Last Post: 09-25-2007, 06:42 PM
By Srob89 in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital PhotographyReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2007, 02:37 PM
By macHoG in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2007, 04:44 AM