how can i have mirrored pages in iwork
    i bought a new mac other day, i write and publish poetry books and have used open office org on windows prior but thought i would try pages as it may be better for me as i add artwork to my books, one problem im having though is
    setting the pages to be mirrored so that when sent to pdf and printed as a book via print on demand the margins are set so that the inner of the book is equal on opposite pages, i hope there is a simple setting for this otherwise its back to openoffice

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I'm not sure whether Pages supports margin mirroring or not. I know that OO and MS Office Word does. However, Apple offers a trial version of Pages for download. Here is the LINK.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I do a newsletter that uses the "mirrored" layout, so yes this can be done. Click on the thumbnails to see them properly.

Screen shot 2011-01-31 at 2.40.jpg

Screen shot 2011-01-31 at 2.40 2.jpg

thanks for answers, still debating whether to use pages or not as many publishers ask for manuscripts in ms word, and if I ever use a pc in future im stuck. I eagerly downloaded pages because of the low price in mac app store

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    The latest version of Mac Office 2011 does provide better lay out for publishing than did Office 2008. Much of the newer features in Word 2011 were borrowed from MS Publisher but still not as robust. Pages being less expensive is a good alternative since it too has very good layout features. However, as you say, many publishers will not accept manuscripts or work in other formats. We run into that all the time. (I have both Mac Office 2011 and Windows Office 2010.)

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by anthemeral View Post
    thanks for answers, still debating whether to use pages or not as many publishers ask for manuscripts in ms word, and if I ever use a pc in future im stuck. I eagerly downloaded pages because of the low price in mac app store
    Pages can indeed do manuscripts, in word processing mode, and save them as Word-compatible files. You're not stuck -- Pages saves in several "cross platform" formats, including Word, PDF and RTF. So in short Pages is a great candidate for manuscripts, particularly with it's distraction-free "full screen" mode (that Office 2011 just copied beautifully).

Thread Information