Downloading Photos?
    My wife was wanting to upload some pictures to a website from the HD and everytime she pulls up the iphoto Library it is grayed out. It will not let her open that library to upload them to the website. Does anyone have any answers for this issue? All help is appreciated

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    In a bit of a rush (out the door), so for now, just drag them to the desktop, this will create copies on the desktop to upload.
    Will help you tackle the problem with iPhoto when I get back if someone else hasn't already

I tried shortly to solve the problem and did figure out that if I made a new folder on the desktop and put them in there I could upload them. She would like to be able to just pull them from iphoto if possible since that is where we always upload our photos. Thanks

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    From what I can tell, unless the websites have their own plugins to upload from iPhoto, it is not possible, without using iPhoto's export, share, or just drag and drop method first.
    I keep all my photo in my pictures folder, and drag any that I want in iPhoto from there.

I also use ImageShackUploader
    ImageShack® - Uploader

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    You will always have to create separate files for uploading to the web.

You can streamline this a bit by choosing "File > Export > Web Page" in iPhoto, which will help you resize and export the pictures to a folder for upload.

If you want a completely seamless experience, you'll need a website gallery service that supports an iPhoto plugin as 6string said, or you can use MobileMe which is truly seamless.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Most of the major photo-sharing sites either have built-in support (Facebook, Flickr) or plug-in support. Check first with the site you want to use to share photos to see if they support iPhoto in some way. There's usually some method that's fairly automatic and painless.

Specs:
    27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM
    I use Photobucket and discovered I needed to download an app from Photobucket, then instead of just hitting the Download button in Photobucket and selecting my HD/My Photo files on my PC. I now have to first select the photo in iPhoto, then select FILE - EXPORT and login to Photobucket from there.

A vastly different approach and path than what I was used too but it works.

Good luck

Tom

Thread Information