New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Pop-up??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SleeperSS

SleeperSS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5

One of the car sites (V8S10.org) that I use has just recently began showing a pop-up just before the sign-on screen that reads

"An applet from www.shefler.net is requesting access to your computer"

Under "Show Certificate" it shows Adobe Flash Player self signed root certificate. This root certificate is not trusted.

I deny access and the site works as it always has, however I'm curious as to why this has started. Does anyone have any insight? Probably ok to allow?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.6 266 GHz Core i5 4 gigs 1067 MHz DDR3

I just checked the Dell laptop and get the same message...windows style..
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

I did a little searching around the internet and it seems to be a common problem with a lot of different sites. Here's a bunch of other people having the same problem: | Decibel Magazine General Discussion | Forum | Decibel Magazine

It looks like something you should probably stay away from because it doesn't look good. Whenever I go to the v8s10.org site it crashes my Safari browser.

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« duplicated emails | Convincing dad to switch business: »