New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Recovered Files?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hylas

Hylas is on a distinguished road

Okay, this isn't the first time this has happened and I have no idea what it is, which is why I hope you guys can help me.
Today when I first turned on my computer I noticed that the trash was full which is weird because I remember emptying it last night right before shutting it down.
Okay so when I open the trash inside is a folder title 'Recovered Files' and underneath is a bunch of sub folders.

Does anyone know what this is? And whether I should empty the trash or not. It happened once before but there was only one sub folder under Recovered Files so I thought I was good and emptied it. But this time there are a lot of sub folders so I'm hesitant because I don't want to erase something important.

Can anyone help me out?
QUOTE Thanks
newscribe

newscribe has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad

Hi Hylas,

I also started to get this folder after I began to use Pages and Numbers. Have a look here.
After iWork Install Recovered Files Folder In Trash.
After reboot I just delete securely. But thinking about going back to Neooffice.
QUOTE Thanks
Hylas

Hylas is on a distinguished road

Thank you for that response.
I was using Pages yesterday so maybe that's why, but I always close via command-q so... But as long as there's not a problem it doesn't really bother me.
QUOTE Thanks
newscribe

newscribe has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad

Your welcome.

Just wish I knew why iWork modules make this folder appear after a reboot.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for advice on what Mac is best for me | Easy question... »