New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Finally bought an iBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kypris

Here I am, long-time (well, long enough in my short life so far) Windows user, about to enter university... and I finally bought myself a Mac! I used to hate Macs, but no wonder, considering the old things we had to use in school computer labs. However, having had the chance to use a friend's iMac G5 for a week, I have been converted, even so much as to admit that the one-button mouse (for most applications) doesn't bother me.

So I placed my order for a new iBook last night, and I think I'm going to go crazy waiting for it to arrive! Good thing I'm going camping soon to distract myself...

And hopefully I won't need to use Windows for anything in university, such as scientific software, because I don't think our old computer can handle it, haha.

More to come when I get my new 'book! As well as an iPod - I splurged since I'll be encoding my music at a higher quality anyway and will want more space.

I'm so excited!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Hey congratulations on your new mac,

You won't regret it!
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Congrats on the new purchase!
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

i love my iBook and so will you!
QUOTE Thanks
Stephen G

Stephen G is on a distinguished road

You will love it. My iBook has been my 'first mac' since I picked it up in June.
QUOTE Thanks
Effusion

Congratulations! You're going to have so much fun with it.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i have had my iBook for 6 months now. it is my first mac as well. i love it so much i am trying to get the wife to let me get another one for the house. my iBook is beat up and ugly, but i am rough on it. it still runs great though. make sure you add RAM to it. everyone at my work is a mac hater. just realize that they dont understand the good qualities of a mac. i may have converted a few too. enjoy your iBook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE Thanks
bunter001

Once On Mac You Never Go Back
QUOTE Thanks
kypris

So just an update, typing from my nice, new, shiny iBook. It took me a couple of days to figure out how to get wireless internet from the linksys router (I got passphrase and key confused, and more!) but now it's all up and running and I'm loving it! I don't hate windows, but I must say I'm more used to OSX than to XP now!
QUOTE Thanks
mitsycam

mitsycam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.42Ghz,512 Ram, 80gHD

Hi kypris, I too just switched to Mac in June and I think it is so great!! I bought a mini instead of an ibook. Budget restraints.. Enjoy!! The wait for the new Mac was hard to endure but worth it. I have been a long time Windows user and I love the fact that I do not have to up date my virus and ad ware software almost daily. Lots to learn about the Mac OS but fun as well. again enjoy. This forum is really helpfull. Mitsycam

Mitsycam
QUOTE Thanks
Merlinblack

Just got my new Powerbook last Wednesday. Took me a bit to get my wireless working as well (name on the mac was too long, D*mn D-Link strait to h*ll). But so far I love it.

I've never used anything but a Windows machine and I don't think that I'll regret getting this mac it was extremly easy to get all my mp3s and whatnot over to the laptop and I'm just having fun learning the ins and outs of mac OS X.

Have fun with you machine this is a worthwhile change.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing Dia on OSX 10.3 | To all Mac experts, please help! »