New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Transfering Ipaq info to MS office Entourage

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gusto

Hello everyone,
Well, I finaly made the switch. First Mac since my Apple IIe back in 1883. Needless to say this Powerbook is no IIe..
I have a Ipaq that has all my contact info on and would like to transfer it to the MS Office for Mac that I got with the notebook. For some unknow reason, MS doesn't refer to its email program as Outlook like on my PC. Someone decided that if you call it Entourage, it might not suck as bad I guess.
Lucky for me both my Powerbook and Ipaq have bluetooth capabilaties. I've transfered contact info from my Ipaq to my cell phone before, do you think it will cross over just as easily to my Powerbook.
Any other ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Gus
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

PocketMac
Missing Sync

Those 2 programs might help you, i cannot tell you wich one is better or wich one i use, since i got my laptop my PocketPC is only used as a MP3 player. If you still have your old Windows laptop, you should try export all your data to a file (check export options in Outlook) and then import to Entourge.
QUOTE Thanks
Gusto

Thanks,
I didn't realise that my Powerbook came with bluetooth.. Since my Ipaq has bluetooth I just paired those to odd love birds and wala.. Info transfered,, well sort of. It sent them over to Mac HD, which is a spot like Temp files like in Winders I think. I then had to open each file and transport them over to the address book, all 110 contacts one at a time.
Well, better than having to reenter them one...at...a...time.

Thanks again.

Gus
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« C# IDEs for Mac? | Torrents safe? »