Thread: Please help!

Unhappy Please help!
    Hello there-

Last night, I went turned on my computer when it had no battery life yet (I'd forgotten this)- the screen went grey/white as if to turn on and then it flashed white and died. The computer wont turn on now- even after i've charged it for 24 hours. The little tiny light on the side of it, that is usually 'breathing' isn't on either.

What did I do?? I'm REALLY WORRIED! It's a macbook pro, and it's less than a year old.

Please if someone could explain what could have gone wrong, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

sorry for horrible grammar!
    What I was trying to say is that I turned my computer on- touched the power button- when the computer had ZERO BATTERY LIFE. And then it went white and kind of flashed and now the thing wont turn on at all, even after extensive charging. Ugh. Worried.

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Since it's less than a year old, it's under warranty. Take it to an Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) and let them figure out what's going on.

You might try this, though: take the battery out, and unplug the machine, ie no power source whatsoever. Leave it like that for 30 minutes.

Then, put the battery back in and plug the computer in and let it charge for at least another half hour. Then try turning it on.

If that doesn't work, take it to the service tech.

Thread Information