New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Macbook Problem..?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SaskiChuuei

SaskiChuuei is on a distinguished road

So I just bought my 'baby' in June of 2010 (Ah, so long ago..) and this is the first time that it's ever really acted up on me. Mind you, some idiot exploded a water balloon over her when my child was just barely a week old, but the problems that have resolved over that seem to be fixed.

Anyhow, today I had been working on an iMovie for class and I would open up the program, shut my lid to switch to another classroom and open up my laptop and it went into Kernel Panic mode only two times after it was opened. Now the school provided us with macbooks (the older models, of course) and I wasn't bothered by it, until this night when apparently it freaked out again, but it didn't shut down this time.

Now you see, I was watching a Jackie Chan video (Singing a mulan song in Chiense. ) and the video started freezing, so I tried to exit out of full screen mode. Perhaps it's just a fluke with Firefox, I'm not sure but after that it just completely froze my computer, I couldn't adjust the brightness or the volume and it took three consecutive tries to shut it off by force.

When I turned it back on, however, it went to my home screen and was all peachy and whatnot until it decided that it wanted to freeze again... and returned me to the black screen of doom. So, as I think we can tell, I got it up and running again and I was just curious to know if someone else had this problem? This is the first problem that I've ever had with my lovely baby, and honestly it scares me. (You see, it took months to save for her, with me being a poor high school student.)

Maybe it's just because firefox and macs don't like Jackie Chan on fullscreen. I'm not sure, but whatever the case this has me worried about my child. ;;

Any help?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Sounds like your water balloon incident has finally started showing itself.
Liquid and electronics simply don't mix.
The damage escalates over time, even if it hasn't shown itself immediately, and that is most likely what you have going on.

see http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...ow-thread.html
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wonder if I'm making the right move? | New to Mac. Hey Guys »