New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Returning to Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DanTehMan

DanTehMan is on a distinguished road

Hello All

Im returning to mac after a breif reprise and im just looking for some general assistance

Ive picked up a good (old) Powerbook G4 (15" 1.6 with 2GB of ram) and im just wondering whats the latest OS that it will be able to run comfortably

Im also wondering how it mught effect my iPhone and iPad, heopefully it will be compatable and i can justy start a file transfer from my current (haggard) Acer Laptop to the shiney new-ish Powerbook

Eventually ill make the upgrade to a MacBook Pro 15" but with christmas on the horison it will have to wait till next year

So any help is greatly appreciated

Dan
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac G3 800MHz :D | PowerMac G4 | MacBook Pro 15" 2.8GHz C2D 500GB HDD 4GB 9600M / 9600M GT 10.7.1

Welcome to Mac-Forums DanTehMan

The maximum OS for this system is 10.5.8 (Leopard), iPad sync needs 10.5.8 or later which is good news. iPhone I think is the same aswell.

- Simon

Rest In Peace Steven Paul Jobs February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011 [aged 56]
If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system just above the post to the right.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
DanTehMan

DanTehMan is on a distinguished road

Phew!! thats ok then

Just need to find some leopard disks then,, thought i had some from my old iMac (that was sold on unfortuantely)

failing that im sure i can find something for them online
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac G3 800MHz :D | PowerMac G4 | MacBook Pro 15" 2.8GHz C2D 500GB HDD 4GB 9600M / 9600M GT 10.7.1

Absolutely, just be careful when buying the discs (as this comes up alot in these forums), to get the retail discs and not the model specific discs.

- Simon

Rest In Peace Steven Paul Jobs February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011 [aged 56]
If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system just above the post to the right.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newb Q about G5 and wireless... | Converting contacts in an .xls file to contacts in Mail »