New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Another question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

taat2d

taat2d is on a distinguished road

Ok sorry for all the questions.

Do I need to buy software to burn photos to a CD or DVD, or is there something already installed onto my Mac that will do this for me?

-Joe

iMac, 64g iPad, 32g iPhone.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

No you can burn a Photo CD or DVD through finder.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Like Crimson said, you can burn with the finder with a Burn Folder or to a blank CD/DVD. If you prefer an interface like say on Nero on Windows, you can get either a Free application called Burn or a full out very Nero like app called Roxio Toast.

It really depends on what you want to do. The Finder will work for just burning a CD full of pics.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

I myself prefer using a dedicated burning program like Roxio Toast but as mentioned Mac's Finder can do it but it's a very simplistic way of doing it without all the features you maybe used to if you used Nero or something similar on Windows.

If I remember correctly Windows has its own built in burning ability also but I never really used it myself because I like using a dedicated burning program.
QUOTE Thanks
taat2d

taat2d is on a distinguished road

Thanx for the replies. I really appreciate it. I burned a disk today using Finder. Extremely easy to use. If Windows had that burning feature I never knew about it.

For what I need Finder should be just fine. When I do a photography job I add in a proof disk for my customers. So basically that's all I need. At least for now. LOL

-Joe

iMac, 64g iPad, 32g iPhone.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by taat2d View Post
Thanx for the replies. I really appreciate it. I burned a disk today using Finder. Extremely easy to use. If Windows had that burning feature I never knew about it.

For what I need Finder should be just fine. When I do a photography job I add in a proof disk for my customers. So basically that's all I need. At least for now. LOL
Windows also has a very similar way to burn images to a CD. It's almost the same process.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

. . . another answer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Migrating Macbook data to new iMac - Setup Assistant? | A question about onyx »