New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Is Apple company a sellout?

Thread Closed

koban4max

koban4max can only hope to improve

I'm glad Apple made lot of good products for such a long time, but I'm starting to think they don't care about their main core, which is osx. For example, Apple didn't fix the secure trash issue when it's been going on for a long time.
I used to believe mac was a flawless computer meaning there were no crashes or any problematic.

Anyone feel me?
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

You mean unlike OS X 10.7 they just announced?

I'm thinking it's just you.

Anything as complex as an OS will have bugs. To think something would be flawless is just delusional.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

How dare you speak ill of Apple!

Ughh what secure trash issue?

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Secure empty trash works fine for me
V6Pony

V6Pony is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post

Anything as complex as an OS will have bugs. To think something would be flawless is just delusional.
What 10.7 announcement ? My secure trash works.
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Quote:
What 10.7 announcement?
Apple - Mac OS X Lion

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I'm curious what about secure trash mine works fine. A rant is a rant without a link or an
example which this is the second time I have seen this mentioned without any clue as to
the problem only to state one exists.
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
I'm glad Apple made lot of good products for such a long time, but I'm starting to think they don't care about their main core, which is osx. For example, Apple didn't fix the secure trash issue when it's been going on for a long time.
I used to believe mac was a flawless computer meaning there were no crashes or any problematic.

Anyone feel me?
I believe Apple has not lost it focus on it main core, which is hardware.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
koban4max

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post

eh, there have been some issues about trying to secure trash
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
I've used secure trash and haven't ran into any issues with it.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Wow. Well that really sums things up then, doesn't it? Tell ya what. The next time you want to post something, try making sure there's a point. It makes it that much more interesting for the reader. I'm sorry but, if you're going to make sweeping statements with absolutely nothing to back them up, don't bother posing at all.

So far, no one here has stated that they've had issues with securely emptying their trash,myself included and I use that all the time. That said, would you care to try a THIRD time?

Doug.
koban4max

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post

I don't mean specifically lion os. I mean os in previous versions happen to have trash issues. Sometimes secure trash freezes and won't trash.
koban4max

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post

-36 error and the Trash refuses to be emptied.
koban4max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
Wow. Well that really sums things up then, doesn't it? Tell ya what. The next time you want to post something, try making sure there's a point. It makes it that much more interesting for the reader. I'm sorry but, if you're going to make sweeping statements with absolutely nothing to back them up, don't bother posing at all.

So far, no one here has stated that they've had issues with securely emptying their trash,myself included and I use that all the time. That said, would you care to try a THIRD time?

Doug.
geez, what's your problem?
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

So sometimes your Secure trash doesnt work ??

And that link you provided doesnt really do it for me either
Do you have Parallels on your Mac ? Because that seems to be the problem there, which in turn doesnt make it a Mac OS issue at all does it ?? Just saying ...

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!

Thread Closed

« Saving whilst working in pages | recording audio from dvr to mac? »