New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Screen Size monitor problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mroa924

Mroa924 is on a distinguished road

I have a mac mini connected to a 32" 720p LCD monitor via HDMI. Works fantastic! Here is my issue... The apple screen size on the monitor does not take up the entire screen. There is a 2" black gap between the apple window and the monitor. I have taken "overscan" off which allows the window to fit in the monitor area. With "overscan" on, it's too big and the apple window is too large for the monitor screen. I have tried all the other settings in the preferences menu. 720p is the only one that seems to work. Is there any way to make the apple screen fit the entire monitor area..or am I stuck with a 2" gap in the screen.
QUOTE Thanks
Mroa924

Actually, it just says 720p. There area a few that just have the resolution. ie: 1080i, 1080p, 720p, etc. I have tried all of them and none seem to completely fill the page correctly. With or without overscan on. Not sure what to do.
QUOTE Thanks
Mroa924

Thats what i was refering to. It's set at 720p which is what the tv is also set for.
QUOTE Thanks
Mroa924

Huh, I do not have that tab that says "Arrangement" I only have "Display" and "Color". Why don't I have that option?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

See post 2, item 2 - here.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FAT32 Iomega Screenplay HD | Please help me choose - Macbook Pro 13" 2.4 Ghz, 2.6 Ghz or 15" 2.4Ghz »