New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Is this where I ask about a Magic Mouse issue?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

5tevie

5tevie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.

Apologies all round if this is the wrong place but I have a query about using the Magic Mouse. I bought it on eBay along with a matching keyboard and I am delighted with it. The only snag is that it came with no instructions. No biggie except that I am used to a Logitech 5 button mouse which gives the user the ability to "Go back" a page or "Go forward" a page. That is much more user friendly that having to move the mouse pointer from wherever it may be up to the top left of the screen to click the "Back a Page" icon found there.
What I'm asking really is, is there some way to make the mouse do a "Go back a page" thing by clicking a particular part of the mouse?
Cheers for any info, even if only any alternatives to clicking that button at top left.
Stevie.
QUOTE Thanks
iZach

iZach is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch

Go to system preferences>mouse>then check "swipe to navigate"
This way you can swipe two fingers across the top of the mouse to go forward/back in your browser.

How do you like them Apples?
QUOTE Thanks
5tevie

Thanks, zach. I'll try that now and see what happens.
Back in a jiffy.
QUOTE Thanks
5tevie

I'm back.
The "swipe to navigate" box was already ticked when I got there so the problem was a dumb user who didn't know about "swiping" rather than a system malfunction. lol
Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
godfather925

godfather925 is on a distinguished road

I didn't realize that either! So much better.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

To me, "swiping" means "stealing." So yes, even I wrestle with the terminology sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Emptying Trash | Help! First time buyer »