11-02-2010, 12:37 PM #1
iCal to Google Calendar syncing problems
- Member Since
- Oct 26, 2010
New Mac user, MBP OS X 10.6. I am trying to get iCal to sync to my Google calendar.
I was able to add my calendar, and everything seems to work fine (almost). If I delete items from iCal, they are deleted in my Google Cal. If I add an item to my Google Cal it shows up in iCal. BUT...when I add a new event to iCal it does not show up in my Google Cal.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or is this feature supported? Thanks!
11-10-2010, 07:03 PM #2
- Member Since
- Nov 10, 2010
To Import Your Ical Events Into Google Calendar
These instructions are for people who started by using Ical and now want to sync that info with Google Calendars.
I To set up CalDAV support for Google Calendar in Apple’s iCal, follow these steps:
1. Open Apple iCal, go to Preferences and then the Accounts tab.
2. Click on the + button to add an account.
3. In the box that pops up, enter a description for the account and your Google Account username and password.
4. Under Server Options, add the following URL: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/...
Replace 'YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM' with the email address that you use to log in to Calendar. Make sure to include the '@domain.com' portion (which is @gmail.com for Gmail users) in this section. DO NOT substitute your username for 'user' at the end of the URL.
5. Leave the Use Kerberos v5 for authentication option unchecked.
6. Click Add.
7. Add your email address to your Address Book card by selecting Add Email. You'll be prompted to add your email address only if your address is not already in your Address Book.
You won’t be able to invite or email guests to Google Calendar events within iCal if your address is not in your Address Book.
Your Google Calendar will now appear in iCal’s list of calendars, and changes you make to your Google Calendar in iCal will be reflected when you sign in to Google Calendar.
Event information will automatically refresh every five minutes. You can change this interval by opening the iCal > Preferences > Accounts menu and selecting a new refresh interval under the “Refresh calendars” drop-down. Keep in mind you can also force a refresh by selecting a calendar and pressing the Apple and R keys at the same time.
II In Google calendar at the bottom of “my calendars” click the “add” button.
Not the “add” button by “Other Calendars”.
• Put in a calendar name in (usually the same name you used in ICal) and hit create calendar. Under “on my mac” you will have calendars that you are trying to export, use the same name as one of these.
III In Ical select the calendar you want to export (Under “on my mac”). Select “File”, “Export”, “Export”
• Calendar name appears in “save as” box. You can change it if you prefer. Save it to the desktop.
IV In Google Calendar on the left hand side at the bottom (under “other calendars”) select “add”, “Import calendar”.
• Select “Chose File” go to the “desk top” file and select the calendar to import.
• Beside “Calendar” select the blue arrows and select the calendar you would like to import.
• Click on “Import” button.
V Repeat steps I – III for each calendar you would like to import into Google Calendars.
Till this point you cannot see these changes in ICal.
VI In Ical under “on my mac” unselect the calendars making sure there is no check marks in any of your calendars.
VII Then select “Ical”, “Preferences”, “Accounts”, “Delegation”. Wait for it to refresh and select the calendars you would like to see in ICal. Then hit close.
VIII Press “Command R” to refresh your calendar. You should now be able to see all of your events and make changes to both Ical and Google Calendar at the same time.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By chiefsub68 in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2013, 07:32 AM
By qposner in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
By g725s in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-02-2011, 11:02 PM
By tej007 in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-07-2010, 01:59 PM
By tobywuk in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM