Specs:
    G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
    Tiger has problems with print drivers??
    I called HP support for Macs. I can't install my printer from my windows network. He said that this was due to the fact that Tiger won't recognize any drivers except those that are native to the system.

This really goes along with my problem pretty well, so I thought that I would see if anyone else knew about it.

PS: Can someone tell me what the extension is on mac drivers? And what folder are they stored in?

Thanks!!

gtee
    Quote Originally Posted by mblphnlvr
    I called HP support for Macs. I can't install my printer from my windows network. He said that this was due to the fact that Tiger won't recognize any drivers except those that are native to the system.

This really goes along with my problem pretty well, so I thought that I would see if anyone else knew about it.

PS: Can someone tell me what the extension is on mac drivers? And what folder are they stored in?

Thanks!!
    This is a great site for solving OSX - XP connectivity issues [printing, sharing etc.]
    Hope it helps.

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/

falltime
    Quote Originally Posted by mblphnlvr

Thanks!!
    Mac Drivers are stored in /Library/Printers/. They are stored in folders for each brand.

I would always recommend reinstalling printer drivers (especially for those with Epson printers) if you bought a computer with Tiger pre-installed, or ran an erase/install when you installed Tiger.

The best way to go about doing this is:
    1. Delete the folder that corresponds to your printer brand from /Library/Preferences.
    2. Delete any receipt packages from /Library/Receipts that relate to your printer brand.
    3. Put in your Tiger Install CD, when it comes up in the finder, double click it, then click Optional Installs.
    4. Select and install the Printer Drivers for your printer - it is NOT necessary to install drivers for other brands (unless you want to).
    5. Add the printer using the Printer Utility in /Applications/Utilities.

Thread Information