New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Location of preloaded Desktop Background Images?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tool80

tool80 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.66 i7, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD

Can someone point me in the proper direction on where to find the images that are preloaded in Snow Leopard for background images?
Im attempting to use the "randomize background" feature, however I would like to use some of my own photos, as well as some of the backgrounds that are preloaded. Aside from actually taking a screenshot of the background only, i'm curious if this is possible? I attempted to search using Spotlight for the Background name, and only found an .scm file which seems to be a Terminal Type file.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Fodge

Fodge has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM

Macinosh HD > Library > Desktop Pictures
QUOTE Thanks
tool80

tool80 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.66 i7, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD

Easy enough!! As a recent switcher, I think i'm still trying to "over complicate" things from that "other" OS..

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Confusion on External Hard Drives: from PC to Mac | New Macbook Pro - 64 Bit? »