Help me with my new iMac :P
    So, I just got my new iMac couple days ago, before this Mac I have been using Windows computers and I simply love the Mac now. Only a couple of problems

1. I use the Airport wireless internet and sometimes my internet simply sucks, I got upstairs to my sister's iMac(It is farther from the router) and the internet simply runs perfectly. What can I do?

2. I don't really like the wallpapers that come with the iMac, so I thought, "Hey! Why not make a collage of one of my favorite artists Drake!" Got all the pictures then thought, "Wait... I don't have Paint so I can't just start mashing pictures together" What program should I use? I don't want to pay for software so preferably a free program or one already installed on my iMac.

Specs:
    Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac11,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i3
    Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
    Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B00
    SMC Version (system): 1.59f2
    Serial Number (system): QP03514WDNP
    Hardware UUID: C1718B4E-75C2-5B3D-A466-C5D69DBA4597

Specs:
    17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
    Hey, welcome to the forums and congrats on your new iMac! I'm not sure what issue you're having with your Airport connection, but as far as the Paint program on a PC, there is an app called Paintbrush and it's pretty much like Paint for Macs. You can also try using iPhoto to make a collage of photos. Good luck and I hope you get all this sorted out.
    "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!

Specs:
    17" MBP, 2.66 i7, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD
    As far as #1 is concerned, are you connecting to a Wireless N 5.0ghz network? Or is it 2.4ghz? Im a recent switcher and I rarely have any connection issues.. My first MBP had more issues than MBP#2 (first MBPs Airport Card took a dump after about a week or so of use) Got my replacement, and MBP#2 is running MUCH better.

As far as the Software you are looking for, I would recommend GIMP, which is a free download, and quite possibly the best Photoshop-esque program for its money (free). I used that before i picked up Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 for a very good price.

Hope this helps at least a little bit!

Quote Originally Posted by ImageX View Post
    Hey, welcome to the forums and congrats on your new iMac! I'm not sure what issue you're having with your Airport connection, but as far as the Paint program on a PC, there is an app called Paintbrush and it's pretty much like Paint for Macs. You can also try using iPhoto to make a collage of photos. Good luck and I hope you get all this sorted out.
    I heard about iPhoto, but I couldn't find WHERE to start and create my collage so I quit haha, can you tell me where it is?

Idk what kind of network I'm connecting too, all I know is it is a 2Wire Router and I'm with AT&T

Specs:
    17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammoud View Post
    I heard about iPhoto, but I couldn't find WHERE to start and create my collage so I quit haha, can you tell me where it is?

Idk what kind of network I'm connecting too, all I know is it is a 2Wire Router and I'm with AT&T

Sorry, but I don't know my way around iPhoto too well. I just use it to manage my pictures. The app I mentioned, Paintbrush, will act like Paint for you to paste your photos and scramble them or what have you. I'm unfamiliar with GIMP that tool80 mentioned but I have heard of it being a pretty good picture and image oriented program.

As far as your network, that's probably a 2.4ghz signal if even wireless N at all. However, once again I'm unable to shed any light on the slowness you're experiencing with that connection. I connect to a wireless gateway from AT&T also and haven't had any issues with any connections with my Airport.
    "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Thread Information