New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

HELP - Epson Printer problems - Printer Stopped

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tootallUK

tootallUK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)

Have spent this morning frutilessly trying to persuade both my G4 iBook and Mini to print to my Epson Stylus C84.

They have seperately been printed to it via USB cable.

The printer previously worked fine with both an XP laptop and an ME desktop.

With the iBook, Apple found Gimp drivers (it said) for the printer (which shows it's at least been recognised...)

But trying to print simply puts documents in the queue... dialog box says "printer stopped"...

Used the Epson CD to install OSX drivers etc but to no avail...

Thinking I'd done something stupid, I moved to the Mini... installed Epson files first, then allowed Mini to find printer (still on a USB cable)

All seemed fine, until I tried to print... "Printer Stopped"!

Trying to click Start Printing gives me a stripey progress bar, then the same message... the printer has yet to produce so much as a single sheet of paper...

HELP !!! it's WAY too hot snd sunny to spend the rest of the day inside messing about with this...

After I get the thing to print I am going to try installing a Belkin wireless printer server.... which does not seem to do Mac support... maybe I'll give up now!

Where's the right-click button?
QUOTE Thanks
tootallUK

tootallUK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)

Hmmmm....

oddly, having deleted all the printers on the Mini, I managed somehow (can't remember how - bummer) to install the printer again with a gimp-drive printer driver... it printed !!!

Have to try and do the same for the iBook now before I set to with the wireless printer driver

Where's the right-click button?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows Media Player for OSX 10.4 | Line In on new Powerbook G4 not working. »